Hutch commentating on iFollow

2 hours ago, A12owl said:

Hutchinson......assistant commentator on ifollow.... superb. A 10 from me. Even corrected Rob O'Neill that Wigan had brought Pilkington on as sub. 

Very eloquent and gave some insight into behind the scenes stuff. 

He's found his vocation after he hangs up his boots. 

Agreed. Seemingly very intelligent and eloquent individual. Makes a refreshing change as most footballers are pretty mince.

He could try commentating while he's on the pitch. Blow by blow literally as the game progressess, bit like they do with rugby refs. I'd pay to listen to his thoughts as he's just about to make one of those tackles where he lunges in and gets booked.lol

Edited by prowl

Look, I know this is tantamount to sacrilege on here, but Pearson's commentary is nowhere near the standard that should be expected from a paid service.

It was great to have Hutch on, who had plenty more to offer than screams that scare pets and "That's great goalkeeping" every time our keeper (whoever it may be) makes even a very routine stop or catch from a cross.

8 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Look, I know this is tantamount to sacrilege on here, but Pearson's commentary is nowhere near the standard that should be expected from a paid service.

It was great to have Hutch on, who had plenty more to offer than screams that scare pets and "That's great goalkeeping" every time our keeper (whoever it may be) makes even a very routine stop or catch from a cross.

Heresy....

Pearson  seemed very subdued doing the commentary for the Hull game, and at the end I'm sure they said Giles Coke was going to do the Wigan commentary. I put two and two together and assumed Pearson was down not only because of the Hull performance, but because he'd been dropped for Saturdays match. And then for Sam to turn up and put on a Big Ron Champions League like performance in the commentary box on Saturday... it's got to hurt. I wonder what happened to Giles Coke?

As far as Sam is concerned, I'm not sure you can keep up that level of insight during every game though, and there comes a point where it could be detrimental. 

Nevertheless, when I watched these full match replay last night, the listen was as good as the performance. 

• Like 1

Hutchinson was in the foundation lounge before the game....Roger Wylde explained that Giles Coke was booked to attend but Oldham pulled the plug on that happening even though they aren’t playing him

Hutchinson stood in and was insightful.....said he still sees himself as a centre half (and he’s the best we’ve got - my words not his) and was also asked about Frank Lampard and John Terry

He was very complimentary about Lampard and declined to comment on Terry....read between the lines on that one 

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Heresy....

Pearson  seemed very subdued doing the commentary for the Hull game, and at the end I'm sure they said Giles Coke was going to do the Wigan commentary. I put two and two together and assumed Pearson was down not only because of the Hull performance, but because he'd been dropped for Saturdays match. And then for Sam to turn up and put on a Big Ron Champions League like performance in the commentary box on Saturday... it's got to hurt. I wonder what happened to Giles Coke?

We were all  subdued after the Hull game..not surprised it was crap..and I bet he was cold up at the top of that stand.

You should be used to Giles Coke not turning up.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Agreed 100 percent.  Pearson offers nothing but base level observation, railing at referees, and coaching "attaboys!".  Shocking that we have to pay for sub-pub level discourse in our commentary.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Heresy....

Pearson  seemed very subdued doing the commentary for the Hull game, and at the end I'm sure they said Giles Coke was going to do the Wigan commentary. I put two and two together and assumed Pearson was down not only because of the Hull performance, but because he'd been dropped for Saturday's match. And then for Sam to turn up and put on a Big Ron Champions League like performance in the commentary box on Saturday... it's got to hurt. I wonder what happened to Giles Coke?

As far as Sam is concerned, I'm not sure you can keep up that level of insight during every game though, and there comes a point where it could be detrimental. 

Nevertheless, when I watched these full match replay last night, the listen was as good as the performance. 

Pearson didn't do Saturday's match because he was in Portugal playing in a walking football competition. From what I saw on twitter they did alright might have even won.

• Thanks 1