How will we get on against Wigan?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Bounce back or fade away

• Wednesday Win
    • Draw
    • Wigan Win

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Philb125 said:

I quite like the line up, three differing Centremids that all bring their own qualities, fletcher supported by Harris & Reach. Murphy and Lee sat on the bench to bring on. Not sure why so many grumbles if I’m honest. 

They can't help it pal . 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Also Monk in build up said Wigan are great at Set Pieces, so why drop our tallest player?

Why is this one up front thing so bad? If the players behind get up in support it works well, why do you think so many top teams play with one? Dinosaurs.

6 minutes ago, Jon Newsome said:

Why is this one up front thing so bad? If the players behind get up in support it works well, why do you think so many top teams play with one? Dinosaurs.

Because our midfielders aren’t very good and don’t get up in support, that’s why 

7 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Pelupessy is Hutchinson's understudy then. 

Seems having a dedicated defensive midfielder is part of our set up. 

Id have gone for Luongo and Lee but hey I'm not a manager. 

Luongo is starting. Formation looks to be 4 - 5 - 1 as Bannan, Reach, Luongo, Pelupessy and Harris all starting 

* didn't see you mentioned Lee too. Oops

Edited by Sykes

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

You are right JN. But how often do we get the midfield flooding into the opposition box. Lee used to do it and scored some vital goals but it doesn't seem to happen now.

Harris supplies the ammo, can't see reach, Bannan or Joey breaking a neck to support fletch in the box. 

I honestly think Pelupessy will be far better in a midfield 3 than a midfield 2 where he was ineffective. He tends to roam around in the space in midfield which is the polar opposite of Hutchinson who flies in. With more numbers in midfield there will be more space and I think he will be a much better performer.

Just my opinion! I expect a neg or two but I'd rather support and be optimistic rather than expect levels of performance he showed with different formations and managers

UTO

25 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Never happy when Pelupessy is starting. If he’d been around in the 60’s, he’d have been starring in his own TV series ‘The Invisible Man’

Tommy Miller did four seasons of that, thankfully he didn't get renewed and thier was no feature film.

• Haha 1