SWFC Strikers Stats

If anyone else's has already produced these stats apologies and please pull this topic.

We all have differing opinions on who should play up front for us, some of the comments on here have been

" We should re-sign Hooper"

" We should never have sold Joao"

" Nuhiu can't get a shot on target in 3 games"

"Rhodes is shot"

" Give Rhodes 5 games and he will start to score"

" Give Winnall 5 games and he will start to score "

Like many I have been frustrated And critical of our strikers this season so I thought I would get some stats to see if it backs up any of these theories.

To get a large volume of minutes played  and to try to even out players peaks and troughs I have gone back to the start of the 2016-2017 season, the season Winnall and Rhodes joined us.

The minutes played are for league games only played for us, and also these players have played the majority of games with the same managers and team mates.

I have included Hooper and Joao for reference and comparison.

Stats

Player.                Mins Played.         Goals.           Assists

Fletcher.              6571.                      29.                6.                Goal every 226 mins.       Assist every 1095 mins

FF.                       4825.                      23                  6.               Goal every 219 mins.       Assist every 804 mins

Joao.                   3984.                      20.                 6.               Goal every 199 mins.       Assist every 664 mins

Hooper.               3737.                      17.                  7.               Goal every 219 mins.       Assist every 533 mins

Nuhiu.                 3585.                       16.                 8.                Goal every 224 mins.       Assist every 448 mins

Winnall.               1318.                        5.                  1.                Goal every 263 mins.       Assist every 1318 mins

Rhodes.              3027.                        4.                   2.                Goal every 756 mins.      Assist every 1513 mins

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

If anyone else's has already produced these stats apologies and please pull this topic.

We all have differing opinions on who should play up front for us, some of the comments on here have been

"Rhodes is shot"

Like many I have been frustrated And critical of our strikers this season so I thought I would get some stats to see if it backs up any of these theories.

To get a large volume of minutes played  and to try to even out players peaks and troughs I have gone back to the start of the 2016-2017 season, the season Winnall and Rhodes joined us.

The minutes played are for league games only played for us, and also these players have played the majority of games with the same managers and team mates.

Stats

Fletcher.              6571.                      29.                6.                Goal every 226 mins.       Assist every 1095 mins

FF.                       4825.                      23                  6.               Goal every 219 mins.       Assist every 804 mins

Joao.                   3984.                      20.                 6.               Goal every 199 mins.       Assist every 664 mins

Hooper.               3737.                      17.                  7.               Goal every 219 mins.       Assist every 533 mins

Nuhiu.                 3585.                       16.                 8.                Goal every 224 mins.       Assist every 448 mins

Winnall.               1318.                        5.                  1.                Goal every 263 mins.       Assist every 1318 mins

Rhodes.              3027.                        4.                   2.                Goal every 756 mins.      Assist every 1513 mins

Nuhui and Hooper nearly the same,anybody who goes regular,like me will find that very,very hard to digest .....

7 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

The surprising stat for me was Winnall, I thought his stats  would be much worse and have been very critical of him.

He could argue that he has not had a fair crack of the whip.

Had a fair crack against Everton and Hull,. Missed some sitters, hope its 3rd time lucky sometime soon. 

Edited by debram
Spelling

48 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

"Rhodes is shot"

Stats

Oh dear that won’t do at all.

It makes Nuhiu look out best all round striker when you consider goals and assists.

Does tend to reinforce the often made claim that we score more with him on the pitch though.

7 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Rhodes has scored 8 league goals for us overall. I'm guessing these totals don't include his initial loan period when he got 3 ?

No you are correct it was me who put the wrong info in.  Rhodes stats stats should have read

8 goals and 2 assists.    A goal every 378 minutes and an assist every 1513 minutes.

Sorry Jordan I am making your stats look much worse than they are.

10 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

No you are correct it was me who put the wrong info in.  Rhodes stats stats should have read

8 goals and 2 assists.    A goal every 378 minutes and an assist every 1513 minutes.

Sorry Jordan I am making your stats look much worse than they are.

He's done that to himself to be fair...  

Edited by WindygrOWLer

1 hour ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

"Rhodes is shot"

Stats

I have to say for the main big striker Fletchers assist record looks very disappointing 

1 hour ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Fletcher.              6571.                      29.                  6.                Goal every 226 mins.       Assist every 1095 mins

FF.                       4825.                      23                   6.               Goal every 219 mins.       Assist every 804 mins

Joao.                   3984.                      20.                  6.               Goal every 199 mins.       Assist every 664 mins

Nuhiu.                 3585.                       16.                  8.                Goal every 224 mins.       Assist every 448 mins

Rhodes.              3027.                         8.                   2.                Goal every 378 mins.      Assist every 1513 mins

Iorfa.                        1322.                        4.                   1.                Goal every 331 mins.      Assist every 1322 mins.

:ph34r:

Joao, as I thought, head and shoulders above all the others, and we sold him. Not only that, stats apart, my eyes tell me, he has the best all round game He was inconsistent, whereas most of the others were consistent, consistently bad

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Joao, as I thought, head and shoulders above all the others...

Based on goals and assists combined (surely more important overall than obsessing solely about the goals he scored himself) he isn't "above all the others" at all, never mind "head and shoulders".

Don't get me wrong, he is a good player, but let's not get carried away.

And in any case, there may have been a strong financial motivational reason for selling him, rather than a more performance related one.

Edited by DJMortimer

9 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Based on goals and assists combined (surely more important overall than obsessing solely about the goals he scored himself) he isn't "above all the others" at all, never mind "head and shoulders".

And in any case, there may have been a strong financial motivational reason for selling him, rather than a more performance related one.

Possibly, but would any other of our strikers command that sort of fee in 2019? 

15 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The thing with Lucas is he offered pace and power. A different dynamic, something which none of our current crop can offer.