Fessi Banter

13 minutes ago, vulva said:

So would I would. But he never is available. His career here is a myth. 

How many players do you know that have received what is effectively a 9-match ban for something that happened in a pre-season friendly, 6 of those matches for something that was supposedly said but proved to be inconclusive in a court of law.

It could only happen to us.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How many players do you know that have received what is effectively a 9-match ban for something that happened in a pre-season friendly, 6 of those matches for something that was supposedly said but proved to be inconclusive in a court of law.

Possibly, be interesting to see what the FA do with Silva - different circumstances but Kick it Out have made their stance so I expect the FA to come down hard.

in terms of how the club managed FF earlier in the season after the appeal was odd - rarely played which suggested the management didn't rate him. When he did play, he looked a yard slow against QPR.

Be interesting to see how Monk views him.

11 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Are you reading what he’s saying? Regardless of whether he’s better than them he’s never available so all pointless really 

12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

Possibly, be interesting to see what the FA do with Silva - different circumstances but Kick it Out have made their stance so I expect the FA to come down hard.

in terms of how the club managed FF earlier in the season after the appeal was odd - rarely played which suggested the management didn't rate him. When he did play, he looked a yard slow against QPR.

Be interesting to see how Monk views him.

Against QPR I thought he had a decent 1st half but then faded, he was certainly not visibly worse than most during that game. I certainly don't think it was a case of Bullen not rating him but the agree that the way it was dealt with was strange.

If he wasn't fully fit at the start of the season then it may have been better to accept the ban without an appeal. We hardly played him during the appeal so it didn't make sense in that regard but having been found not guilty by a court of law then you can also understand him and the club wanting to challenge the FA on their decision. 

Judging by what we have seen when Fletcher isn't playing I would imagine Monk would want to get the best out of a player who has more to offer than all of our other attacking options.

8 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s not just the recent 9 match ban though is it, it’s an accumulation of Shiite over the last few years 

Can't deny it has been disappointing but he is at our club at least until January and so I hope he comes back firing after the international break. I would have loved for Rhodes to have come good but he has looked as likely to score as Forestieri has during his ban this season and if he isn't offering a goal threat his all round game offers next to nothing.

Also, during Carlos' last season, he was being played with an injury which then had to be operated on and cost him pretty much a full season. Not much you can do about genuine injuries.

Edited by Guest