Monk on Hull

11 minutes ago, Spuddy01 said:

Shame some of the fans don't think the same. 

Emotion of the night hopefully.  I'm sure in the cold stark light of this morning many realised it was a par for the course result for a top half side in the tightest division in Europe by a side made up of players who all play best in different systems to the ones that might suit their other team mates.

As the old cliche goes. We'll win some , draw some and lose some. 

58 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Hopefully he can pass that trait on to our fanbase

TBF there's not been the melt down after a loss that I expected, so a positive sign there of moving forward hopefully.

A scrappy game with some being under par on the night but still could have come away with at least a point and maybe all 3 on a different night.

One thing that does worry me currently and the SKY commentator made the point last night, we've got the oldest squad in the league but again I think GM will address that in January hopefully.

We're only 10 games in and as much mas some expect instant results and success, it's going to take time.

Be patient guys...............UTO

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

TBF there's not been the melt down after a loss that I expected, so a positive sign there of moving forward hopefully.

A scrappy game with some being under par on the night but still could have come away with at least a point and maybe all 3 on a different night.

One thing that does worry me currently and the SKY commentator made the point last night, we've got the oldest squad in the league but again I think GM will address that in January hopefully.

We're only 10 games in and as much mas some expect instant results and success, it's going to take time.

Be patient guys...............UTO

image.png.62fc7a87064556b8fed1e9744806842c.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bladeshater said:

I thought we were clueless 

Poor performance....yet could still have come away with a point. 

Nailed on penalty turned down. 

That's the fine margins in this division isn't it. 

On another day (terrible as we were) one of those headers goes in or we get the pen and we'd be talking about "Sign of a good team getting a point when you play pap"

Good thing is, it gives Monk the full scope. He'll have learnt more about this squad last night than he did in the Middlesbro' game. He'll start picking up and spotting players weakness' in mentality, technique, thought processes ect. And no doubt that some players can't player in some pairings, or some systems.  He'll have garnered a lot of knowledge about the group from last night. 

Other good thing is games coming thick and fast the chance to put it right (result wise)  is only days away.

We need to work out how to win midweek games, simple as that. 

We never seem the same midweek either tues or weds dosent matter, I'm never as confident we're going to get a result, been like that for a while now, so monk needs to find a way of getting the best out of us both Saturday and midweek.