Monk on Hull

image.png.4fb9ef951f273ad4f9837dcdcd673f2f.png

Hull City 1 - 0 Wednesday

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.png   Penalty - Lichaj has admitted it. He didn’t admit it at the time, he was saying it was three yards out! But it's clear cut, 100 per cent, I knew that at the time. Ref’s in a good position, linesman’s in a good position, the fourth official’s in a good position, somehow they don’t get it. We have to live with that. Of course it’s frustrating. It’s clear cut, not even close. Of course you expect at this level to be given those decisions, but it’s done now and we can’t do anything about it.

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.pngScrappy but chances - We created the better of the chances I would say, they never really made too much of a move on our goal apart from when they scored and that’s what counts.

They took the chance they created and we didn’t take ours, but this happens and we have to see it as a bump in the road. When you’re playing a lot of games in those periods you often get a game when it’s very even, scrappy without too many clear cut chances in the game. If you think about it, we probably had a couple of the better ones.

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.png  Mistakes- will happen We made one mistake and they scored from it but this is the Championship, it was a scrappy game and these things happen. You see it so often in this division with back to back games when a team plays so well on the Saturday and then the game on the Tuesday is really scrappy. Unfortunately for us the one mistake we did make, we didn’t deal with the ball out wide well enough. They only had the one striker in the box, we didn’t mark him and we were punished heavily for it.

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.png  Recovery - But the best teams move on and fight back in the next game and we have the chance to do that against Wigan on Saturday. We've taken small steps, but like I said there's lots of work to be done. We can do so much in terms of mentality but there is still a lot of work to be done by myself and the players. It's not a quick thing, not an overnight thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He’s right not to fret.

Win v Wigan and it’s 10 points from his first 5 games, including 3 aways. Superb form.

Of course, we need to win it!

Agreed. There's no need to panic. We know what we are as a squad.

We're doing all right all things considered. 

Desperately hope that Fletcher is fit though. Vital to our best work attacking wise. (Not just the goals but the link play)

Luongo will get a start I'd have thought with Hutchinson suspended.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Common sense talk from the manager. 

Nice to see no over reaction from him 

imo you never know the calibre of the manger till he suffers a few defeats and how he deals with it 

as for me i deal with it like a mardy kid 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Why are Hull such a bogey team? 

Same with Preston away - we can’t do the job there at all 

But we've won there twice recently , 2 year ago and again about 2013 out of the last 4 or 5! At home we don't seem to be able to get a win against them though.

I may get a bump on the head and find myself back in the 1970's with a bit of luck - ale at 18p a pint,  men were men (except Lola), and everything was 'Alright Now'* including the football..... cheap, often exciting and full of honest endeavour

* Courtesy of Paul Rodgers and Andy Frazer

5 minutes ago, Charles Clegg said:

I may get a bump on the head and find myself back in the 1970's with a bit of luck - ale at 18p a pint,  men were men (except Lola), and everything was 'Alright Now'* including the football..... cheap, often exciting and full of honest endeavour

* Courtesy of Paul Rodgers and Andy Frazer

How very random !

Monk is spot on with his comments. I don’t blame him at all for last night, the team shape was organised and the players worked hard enough, just the lack of quality was missing from a few (cough Winnall & Reach cough).

Had they put their shooting boots/heads on we’d have scored 2-3 times which is usually enough to win a game when you are organised. 

Lets hope they find more consistency on Saturday and we can enjoy being in the playoffs for a couple of weeks