Odubajo

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I like him. He’s a good athlete and good in the tackle but here’s the problem and it’s a big one. He goes ‘walk about’ so many times and it often costs us. Everton exploited it twice and so did Hull tonight. He’s a squad player for me but shouldn’t be starting every game.

4 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

Agree he's played well last couple of games but where did he go for Dulls goal? Not seen a replay yet

Iorfa was marking his man, Grosicki, in the the middle, just as he should have been.

It was Iorfa's man who scored after peeling off the the back and big Dom was a bit casual about tracking him.

3 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

He's clearly at fault for their goal. Positionally he loses his man more often than is ideal.

Explain.

Odubajo was correctly marking his man.

He's as responible as Borner for the goal. i.e. not at all.

18 hours ago, trotter said:

He ended up on Iorfa's left  in the centre of the goal.  His reaction suggested he knew he was at fault.

Both goals against Everton came down the right hand side.  

Suspect defensively for me.

Both the Everton goals came directly from Luongo letting his man go.

For the 1st, Luongo's man is goalside of Luongo the whole time. That forces Iorfa to come infield to cover, and means Calvert-Lwein is able to just float off him at the back post. For that goal, Odubajo is marking his man. It's Luongo's man being free that pulls Iorfa out of position and leaves CL free.

For the 2nd, Iorfa is on Calvert-Lewin, and Luongo is marking Iwobi. But Luongo just lets Iwobi run away from him for no reason. Iwobi makes a forward run and Luongo doesn't go with him. Iorfa has to leave Calvert-Lewin else Iwobi has a free run in on goal, so tries to hand off CL to Borner, but doesn't manage to close the distance to Iwobi in time. Borner see's that Iorfa's not got there, and so tries to get across too which leaves Calvert-Lewin free, and Iwobi does well to find him. The whole thing comes from Luongo letting Iwobi go tho, that's what turns a controlled situation into chaos. If Luongo stuck with Iwobi then nothing happens. Odubajo was out wide, with his man, having just cleared a long ball forward.

Jury is still out for me, I'm not writing him off yet, but he's cost us at least 3 goals this season to my knowledge, two penalties in one game, and the first against QPR was from a poor clearance of his.  But Brentford loved him, so he must be decent, maybe he takes a while to settle in.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.