Things tonight showed

Reliant on Fletcher at the moment. All three other strikers are really not up to it. Atdhe is inconsistent, we should all know that by now. Winnall isn’t cutting it for me, four chances I’ve counted from the Everton and the game tonight where he should be doing better. Really need to be more clinical than that. Rhodes has a serious case of Francis Jeffers disease and I think he’s too far gone to make a recovery. A new striker is needed in January to compete with Fletch. We lost genuine quality in Joao and Hooper, the other strikers aren’t at that level in my view.

Hutchinson yellow card could be a huge blessing. That midfield two again is very inconsistent and lose the battle in midfield far too often against sides who get in their faces and make it difficult. There’s just something not right with it, despite Hutch and Bannan individually being very good footballers. Luongo needs to step in and hopefully he can cement his place in the starting 11.

Harris looks knackered already, we rely on him a lot and he looked tired tonight and a bit lost for ideas. Murphy looked better when he came on. First poor performance I’ve seen from Kadeem, but the way he’s been working I saw it coming to be fair. 

Palmer is not a left back. Much rather see Morgan Fox play there. Counter productive him going down the right on his weaker foot. Nullifies are attack because he always cuts to pass inside or lays it back to the centre back. Odubajo gets stick, but at least he gets forward. We need a natural left footer playing at left back. Play to our strengths. 

Need to to bounce back on Saturday. So typical of Wednesday in recent seasons that performance. I suppose it reflects the fact they’re a mid-table side, but for some reason I thought we might have got something tonight. Always the hope that kills you. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Guest Grez Bez

Agree with all except Harris. 

Teams haveBseen he's our danger man and are putting 2 men on him.

We need Murphy/ Reach to do well to free him up

The reality is that we're not going to win game after game, at least not away.

Those who're aspiring to top two will be very disappointed, because it's not going to happen.

We're one of those sides which could make the play-offs, along with several others.

To be fair, that's pretty much what Monachus said when he was appointed.

This isn't his team, and he had little time to prepare.

He probably does even know his best eleven yet, and his caution at Fulham indicated that he's not really sure where we stand yet.

Three points from two games away ain't bad in my book.

It's the home games where we've really got to turn it on.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Agree with all except Harris. 

Teams haveBseen he's our danger man and are putting 2 men on him.

We need Murphy/ Reach to do well to free him up

Harris made bad decisions all night, nothing to do with doubling up...it wasn’t needed.

Bad day at the office for him.

Guest Grez Bez
2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Harris made bad decisions all night, nothing to do with doubling up...it wasn’t needed.

Bad day at the office for him.

Hard to do anything when you are closed down so quickly. Bad day for him as he got played out of the game.

He's our only danger man.

Give it to Harris, beat a man, Fletcher header... Predictable

1 minute ago, LSOwls said:

Hard to do anything when you are closed down so quickly. Bad day for him as he got played out of the game.

He's our only danger man.

Give it to Harris, beat a man, Fletcher header... Predictable

He always gets closed down quickly, he’s usually able to deal with it.

Tonight his touch was off and he made bad decisions 

Really need to get the 3 points on Saturday against Wigan. Hull and Wigan imo where 2 very winnable games. Few changes to the team I hope on Saturday. Would like to see Luongo, Lee and possibly Murphy start and hope that Fletcher is back. Potentially could have gone 2nd tonight and the players put in a performance like that. flippingannoying. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
50 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Reliant on Fletcher at the moment. All three other strikers are really not up to it. Atdhe is inconsistent, we should all know that by now. Winnall isn’t cutting it for me, four chances I’ve counted from the Everton and the game tonight where he should be doing better. Really need to be more clinical than that. Rhodes has a serious case of Francis Jeffers disease and I think he’s too far gone to make a recovery. A new striker is needed in January to compete with Fletch. We lost genuine quality in Joao and Hooper, the other strikers aren’t at that level in my view.

Hutchinson yellow card could be a huge blessing. That midfield two again is very inconsistent and lose the battle in midfield far too often against sides who get in their faces and make it difficult. There’s just something not right with it, despite Hutch and Bannan individually being very good footballers. Luongo needs to step in and hopefully he can cement his place in the starting 11.

Harris looks knackered already, we rely on him a lot and he looked tired tonight and a bit lost for ideas. Murphy looked better when he came on. First poor performance I’ve seen from Kadeem, but the way he’s been working I saw it coming to be fair. 

Palmer is not a left back. Much rather see Morgan Fox play there. Counter productive him going down the right on his weaker foot. Nullifies are attack because he always cuts to pass inside or lays it back to the centre back. Odubajo gets stick, but at least he gets forward. We need a natural left footer playing at left back. Play to our strengths. 

Need to to bounce back on Saturday. So typical of Wednesday in recent seasons that performance. I suppose it reflects the fact they’re a mid-table side, but for some reason I thought we might have got something tonight. Always the hope that kills you. 

Was gonna give you a thumbs up till the Morgan Fox comment. He’s woeful!

58 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Palmer has been absolutely fine. Defensively we are fine. 

Yeah, this isn't our area of concern- Ultimately you are as good as your strikers (quote from some previous Judas manager). I think we are a good side until we get to where it counts- putting the ball in the net.  Getting a mobile striker who can finish at a fairly decent ratio is a priority in January.  They are hard to find and i guess that's where we need to be clever in bringing in a prem youngster.

• Like 1