15 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

What about my idea?

2/3 appeals per captain at any time during the game and VAR forbidden outside of that..

Thinking about it I'd say this is the best solution. 

It seems inevitable that VAR is here to stay but at the moment it is not fit for purpose. 

15 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

What about my idea?

2/3 appeals per captain at any time during the game and VAR forbidden outside of that..

You get games in the prem where there are no VAR referrals 

Your suggestion is the very worst suggestion if you give each Manager/Captain 3 appeals you would have 6 referrals every game if it averages say 2 mins a time that would be 12 mins extra time every game and that’s not including the normal extra time for subs , injuries and so on 

If VAR is to have a place in the game under no circumstances should the teams playing have any involvement it should be the officials domain only 

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.thumb.png.80354e21d1d21be443a9cd6225a0d20b.png

“Eric said he thought it was a penalty, that it was inside the box,” said City’s head coach Grant McCann "but do you know what, you get that little bit of luck sometimes."

Fair play, and he’s right. Some you win etc. 

16 hours ago, daleblue said:

The moment the foul occurred he WAS inside the box, but it was close, and even with VAR not sure they would have overruled the ref.

Of course VAR would've overruled it. The foul clearly occurred inside the box. It's not subjective. 

However, I'd rather be on the end of decisions like that (rightly or wrongly), than have to be subjected to the awful botched VAR the Premier League have introduced this season. 

I like VAR and think it will get better over time. But not just because of last night. I just like progress and think VAR is that. I know it's a lot cooler to say it's evil and ruining the game, i don't see the issue. Sterlings injury time winner in the champions league against Spurs last season being rightly ruled out for offside was pure drama and the best game i saw away from Hillsborough last season. It will not be perfect, but neither are refs so if VAR improves it, then bring it on for me.

17 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

Amazing how it looked different “live”... I thought it looked well outside but was clearly inside on that picture.

It was definitely inside. 100%. As the photo shows. Other angles shown were more suspect as the force of the foul tackle takes Murphy outside the box. The foul is committed inside the box so a clear penalty. VAR would have given penalty.

Daylight robbery - just at night-time:bullen:

Many are critical of refs and that  there incompetence decides the result and yet just as many are against technology being used to correct these decisions....youd  think fans would want the wrong righted but it seems that isn't the case reading this thread

11 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Many are critical of refs and that  there incompetence decides the result and yet just as many are against technology being used to correct these decisions....youd  think fans would want the wrong righted but it seems that isn't the case reading this thread

I'd prefer it if the referees. who are very well paid now at this level, were capable of doing the job that they are paid to do rather than employing more of them to sit in a box and mull over whether a shoelace is offside or not using technology that cannot be absolute due to the frame rates. 

I'm all for technology in games, however the way it has been introduced in the premier league has been ridiculous. They needed to start with very small steps rather than the convoluted mess it has become. I am sure in time it will but, like many facets of the modern game, nobody wants time.

Too long spent how it was used in rugby (no added time, clock paused), tennis (a 5 second line call) and cricket (appeals but games last for days) has led to a convoluted confused mess where players, fans and more importantly referees dont have a clue what's going on or when to use it

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'd prefer it if the referees. who are very well paid now at this level, were capable of doing the job that they are paid to do rather than employing more of them to sit in a box and mull over whether a shoelace is offside or not using technology that cannot be absolute due to the frame rates. 

But refs have been getting decisions wrong since the game began and that will never change  ... 

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

But refs have been getting decisions wrong since the game began and that will never change  ... 

Refs at the top level used to be amateur and had very little time to devote to honing their craft and working on their fitness in order to get into better positions from which to make decisions. 

Their level of competency should improve and should certainly be better than what I've witnessed this season. Technology also makes them more reliant on it and less focused. Look at the linesman in the Man Ure-Arsenal game, appalling decision. Technology rescued that one but has missed some clear cut penalties in the PL this season, disallowed Man City a winning goal for a dubious handball offence but allowed Newcastle a winning goal for basically the same thing. The offsides are far from conclusive and have caused more problems than they have solved in that respect.

20 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

For the championship..or do we let points go begging due to injustice?

It obviously works both ways..

Not for me. I like the sheer injustice of rubbish decisions and watching everyone running about like mad things whingeing their faces off...

never want VAR this is football not American football, the more sanitised it gets the more boring it is to watch and the worse it is to play in.

Waiting abot for a decision makes the game lose its competitive edge and sense of injustice that can give players that extra fire in their belly to go on and win.

How many times has a shocking refereeing performance got the atmosphere at hillsborough  going and riled on the lads?

23 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

For the championship..or do we let points go begging due to injustice?

It obviously works both ways..

Or make the better decision to fuuucck it off altogether.