Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Come on garry you now know who's good enough and who ain't. Looking forward to transfer window when you can bring in your own players and shift some deadwood out.

Fernando is a big miss and hope you can get him back on form

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monk needs to look at himself after tonight’s performance - tactic of the big boot from back to front all night with no attempt to change it. If Bullen was still in charge everyone would be saying how tactically naive he was. Awful to watch.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long way until the transfer window.

 

Management is about more than wheeling and dealing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Monk needs to look at himself after tonight’s performance - tactic of the big boot from back to front all night with no attempt to change it. If Bullen was still in charge everyone would be saying how tactically naive he was. Awful to watch.

 

Disagree I don’t blame Monk for that performance, he’s not swinging Reach’s foot and making him lean back like the worse kid on the school playing field. John Smith “have it!” Springs to mind 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Owls-Fan said:

 

Disagree I don’t blame Monk for that performance, he’s not swinging Reach’s foot and making him lean back like the worse kid on the school playing field. John Smith “have it!” Springs to mind 

He played him. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

 

Disagree I don’t blame Monk for that performance, he’s not swinging Reach’s foot and making him lean back like the worse kid on the school playing field. John Smith “have it!” Springs to mind 

I agree you can’t blame Monk for the missed chances but had we taken a couple and won, the performance would still have been awful long-ball rubbish that won’t get us out of this league. He’s responsible for those tactics tonight...I hope he learns not to play like that again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Cheers, Tinkerbell.

 

All the best,

 

Gaz

Cheers  gaz

 

All the best 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just important we beat Wigan now and keep in contention until January then we'll see what Chansiri can/will do and probably who Monk acually rates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

Monk needs to look at himself after tonight’s performance - tactic of the big boot from back to front all night with no attempt to change it. If Bullen was still in charge everyone would be saying how tactically naive he was. Awful to watch.

Probably influenced by the usual weak midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, debram said:

He played him. 

 

So you would have dropped him after his performance on Saturday? 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the problem.

 

He will have to make the same mistakes others have made, while trying to take us forward.

 

We was riding our luck with 4-4-2 and even more so with Fletcher out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

I agree you can’t blame Monk for the missed chances but had we taken a couple and won, the performance would still have been awful long-ball rubbish that won’t get us out of this league. He’s responsible for those tactics tonight...I hope he learns not to play like that again.

 

Not sure if you saw how the likes of Cardiff and Burnley got promoted from this league but pretty it wasn’t. 

Monk used the same tactics that won 4-1 at a similar opponent, I expect people would have questioned his mind if he made tactical and personnel changes to that team. But anyway it’s all about opinions, I’m hoping Monk has learned that Winnall isn’t the answer to us scoring goals, no matter what tactics he uses. He’s rightly given him a chance but he’s failed to take it, literally 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We played same tactics Saturday but nobody moaned about it then.

 

As I said then we have too many players who the manager can’t trust to go on the pitch and do a consistent job. Great one game, poor next.

 

 He can only play what he has got although not playing Luongo continues to baffle me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

We played same tactics Saturday but nobody moaned about it then.

 

As I said then we have too many players who the manager can’t trust to go on the pitch and do a consistent job. Great one game, poor next.

 

 He can only play what he has got although not playing Luongo continues to baffle me.

 

Luongo needs to come straight into the side on Saturday.  With Hutchinson suspended against Wigan and the midfield in need of some fresh legs, there’s no excuse for leaving him out.

 

If Luongo continues to be disregarded, then there is something amiss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

 

So you would have dropped him after his performance on Saturday? 

Good point, but ide drop him Saturday, he really needs to be more consistent. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We made plenty of real chances last night and should have had a penalty. If we’d won 2-1 nobody would have complained (even Hull). We defended quite well. Hull had a pretty decent midfield and we don’t have one. Reach is a good player but his head isn’t right. Hutch is not a midfielder he’s a defender in midfield. We have to go long at the mo as we don’t have the midfield to play the passes through other teams nor do we have the pace to draw teams onto us for a Baz ball over the top for runners. Nuhiu, Winnall are both way out of their depth. Bullen is a great bloke but nothing changes with him on the sidelines.

 

Monk is playing to our strengths. Our strengths aren’t strong at the moment. Watch a video of us and you could plot exactly where our strengths are and close them down. Hull did this well.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He changed it in the second half and played out from the back more because Hull started playing longer balls.

Missed two gilt edged chances and should have had a penalty.  Tactics created more than enough chances.

Poor finishing and a bad decision cost us

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a big hint in the summer of how much money we will be spending in January.  Don't get your hopes up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, debram said:

Good point, but ide drop him Saturday, he really needs to be more consistent. 

 

Won’t argue with that, as I’ve said in another thread we don’t seem to have two capable strikers at the moment. So we may need to change to 433 or 4231 and only have one striker up top and hope goals come from elsewhere 

 

               Westwood 

Odubajo  Iorfa   Borner  Palmer 

          Lee  Luongo Bannan 

    Murphy   Nuhiu   Harris 

Edited by Owls-Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...