Woeful performance

We played hoofball tonight .Lets players off the hook ,they dont have to take responsibility on the ball .It was awful . They are better than that and if they played with a bit more initiative rather than always to a gameplan which seems to confuse them , particularly the midfielders , we may have got something out of it .

37 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

I disagree, we didn't deserve that result. A tad more clinical and stonewall pen we'd have won comfortably. They had one good chance and took it. Thems the breaks and no need to panic. 

My reading exactly.

12 chances away from home, against their 8. Three golden chances and the refused pen. 

We have had many abject away games. That wasn’t one of them.

20 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

More worried by that performance than the league table. 

Hopefully Monk has learnt a few things tonight. Things such as...

Nuhiu/Harris/Hutchinson can't play two games in 3 days.

Westwood needs to start releasing the ball quicker every now and again.

Winnall is not good enough.

They're the obvious ones. Hopefully he's spotted a lot more that the untrained eye can't see. Like what I've seen and heard from him so far. Good test of him now to see how he shapes us up for Saturday.

Ironic to say this after a game versus Hull, but we still have not got the right balance in midfield. For me, that is the key to our season. Which is why I continue to be baffled why Luongo can not get a game....

Apart from Chansiri, did any fans really have aspirational hopes of promotion? Maybe playoffs at best but, when the season started I thought mid table. Not what I want, at all, I want us to be in the big league but I'm a pragmatic soul.

We lose, away, by one goal where we were competitive throughout the entire match and suddenly it's a meltdown

Every team will lose games, and "better" (on paper) teams than us will lose at hull. Including those we have beaten...

Will we be there or thereabouts, who knows. But if someone said 6 points from Huddersfield, Middlesbrough and hull away I for one would have taken it

1 minute ago, Pieman said:

Ironic to say this after a game versus Hull, but we still have not got the right balance in midfield. For me, that is the key to our season. Which is why I continue to be baffled why Luongo can not get a game....

Balance in midfield has been a problem for seasons, agree give Luongo a chance. 

2 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Gets his chance on Saturday.

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

So frustrating. 

How do we go from Saturday to that?

Reach must be the most frustrating player we've had in a long time.

Winnall is nowhere near good enough.

Whole team conceded possession way too easily.

Really, really poor display.

Didn’t play THAT bad....Reach was shît, Nuhiu & Winnall missed chances that shoulda been put away & Murphy shoulda had a penalty! Once again officials ruined a game:bullen:

26 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

More worried by that performance than the league table. 

Hopefully Monk has learnt a few things tonight. Things such as...

Nuhiu/Harris/Hutchinson can't play two games in 3 days.

Westwood needs to start releasing the ball quicker every now and again.

Winnall is not good enough.

They're the obvious ones. Hopefully he's spotted a lot more that the untrained eye can't see. Like what I've seen and heard from him so far. Good test of him now to see how he shapes us up for Saturday.

Hopefully he's learnt that we need new strikers in come January. 

Winnall/Rhodes/Nuhiu are not good enough for a side supposedly chasing promotion. Fletcher is our only outlet and it's painfully obvious we miss him when he's out. 

I hope Monk can get something out of Forestieri when he's back so we at least have a decent option/pairing for Fletcher. 

1 minute ago, Sykes said:

Hopefully he's learnt that we need new strikers in come January. 

Winnall/Rhodes/Nuhiu are not good enough for a side supposedly chasing promotion. Fletcher is our only outlet and it's painfully obvious we miss him when he's out. 

I hope Monk can get something out of Forestieri when he's back so we at least have a decent option/pairing for Fletcher. 

I think Forestieri plays in a 4-3-3 or not at all. 

1 hour ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

We out Wimbledoned Wimbledon tonight, what the fizz was that all about?

Yes, we don’t want to be overdoing the aerial stuff. However, I wish Iorfa had been a little more Wimbledonesque, and we might have come away with a point A really bad goal to concede

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

It wasn't woeful...it was just flat and uninspiring. 

We weren't outplayed or anything like that and yet I can't help but feel  it was all a bit too easy for Hull. 

Losing is part of the game (particularly when you support us), but I want the opposition feeling like they've been put through the ringer when they do secure the three points. 

Too often, it goes like it did tonight. 

Flip it the other way though, if Eaves misses his chance and Nuhiu scores his, would we be saying we weren't worked hard enough?

I agree it was a flat game but we weren't terrible. Expectations have risen again after Saturday. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground anymore.

Wether it was woeful or not , I’ll reserve judgement because haven’t seen it due to work tonight , but can’t really hide from fact we should be beating Hull 

Sounds like Winnall has again missed his chances, and from little clip I’ve seen I’ve got no idea how that’s not been seen as a pen on Murphy , a draw tonight I think majority would have been content 

Here's when I bet against Wednesday to win.

1) When Brian Laws is in on the commentary;   OR...

2) When some berk decides to get a return, any return, on Wednesday's unwise Jordan Rhodes investment, and plays the useless big girl's blouse;  OR...

3) When one or more of the same idiots in DC's earshot persuade the club to change a winning team*;   OR...

4) When the lads on the pitch at 3pm on a Saturday get a hard-fought result by quarter to 5, and the gaffer just rolls out some makeweights to do half a job on the following Tuesday;   OR ...

5) When any of the same bunch listen to the stunt-brained Mickerati who spout forth their verdict about Atdhe Nuhiu not being, a REAL footballer, y'know,  AND...

6) Lastly, when some wet-knickered liberal type reckons we shouldn't have won, because "we didn't deserve to".

( By No.3, I mean -wholesale- changes,)

(And, yes. I usually win) (never big time) (every rule's got it's limits).

Edited by tonyem

We played so much long ball and just turned possession over that quick at times none of our players had any responsibility on the ball or decent opportunity to create.

When we play like this theres a chasm between midfield and attack we just dont fill.

Missed a few chances yes, but didn't like the tactics tonight at all.

I don’t think we were woeful, not in the sense that we didn’t deserve something from the game. We weren’t spectacular. It was one of those scrappy games, and that has as much to do with how the opposition played/setup as it is our own performance. There were some individual performances that continue to frustrate, Reach and Hutchinson for me are candidates to be benched for a bit. Not to mention the chances we’re wasting. 

We deserved something from the game.