Woeful performance

4 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

I disagree, we didn't deserve that result. A tad more clinical and stonewall pen we'd have won comfortably. They had one good chance and took it. Thems the breaks and no need to panic. 

Fair enough, not going to knock anyone's opinion, but I don't think teams with realistic top 6 aspirations should have a performance like that in them too many times.

I suspect the players will be scratching their heads at how poor they were rather than the inability to take the chances we had. 

Come the end of the season, performances like that could really cost us - and it's not the first time this season. They happen way too often for a club that's supposed to be chasing promotion. Hull are a bang average side.

We haven't won when playing a side above us in the league, and the truly hard matches are yet to come.

Glass half full - for now!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

I disagree, we didn't deserve that result. A tad more clinical and stonewall pen we'd have won comfortably. They had one good chance and took it. Thems the breaks and no need to panic. 

Completely agree. Cudda, shudda but that’s the Championship. 

It wasn't woeful...it was just flat and uninspiring. 

We weren't outplayed or anything like that and yet I can't help but feel  it was all a bit too easy for Hull. 

Losing is part of the game (particularly when you support us), but I want the opposition feeling like they've been put through the ringer when they do secure the three points. 

Too often, it goes like it did tonight. 

13 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Fair enough, not going to knock anyone's opinion, but I don't think teams with realistic top 6 aspirations should have a performance like that in them too many times.

I suspect the players will be scratching their heads at how poor they were rather than the inability to take the chances we had. 

Dont disagree with your point, but with 36 games to go, we are 3 points from automatic promotion. Our unbeaten run needs to click into place in Feb and March.

Tin hat and flak jacket on in preparation 

we made all the best chances, their goal was very good and I thought we played pretty well. We have played worse than that and won. We were poor in front of goal today and we missed fletch. If we want to be top 6 we will need him fit more often than not.

Thiught hull should take some credit as they played to the end, none of the time wasting you see all over the league. 

Tricky Tuesday evening fixture that we deserved something from. If we take 3 points on Saturday I’ll be happy enough going into the international break.

Just now, Pieman said:

Dont disagree with your point, but with 36 games to go, we are 3 points from automatic promotion. Our unbeaten run needs to click into place in Feb and March.

More worried by that performance than the league table. 

Hopefully Monk has learnt a few things tonight. Things such as...

Nuhiu/Harris/Hutchinson can't play two games in 3 days.

Westwood needs to start releasing the ball quicker every now and again.

Winnall is not good enough.

They're the obvious ones. Hopefully he's spotted a lot more that the untrained eye can't see. Like what I've seen and heard from him so far. Good test of him now to see how he shapes us up for Saturday.

5 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer said:

Tin hat and flak jacket on in preparation 

we made all the best chances, their goal was very good and I thought we played pretty well. We have played worse than that and won. We were poor in front of goal today and we missed fletch. If we want to be top 6 we will need him fit more often than not.

Thiught hull should take some credit as they played to the end, none of the time wasting you see all over the league. 

Tricky Tuesday evening fixture that we deserved something from. If we take 3 points on Saturday I’ll be happy enough going into the international break.

Not happening lol

3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

More worried by that performance than the league table. 

Hopefully Monk has learnt a few things tonight. Things such as...

Nuhiu/Harris/Hutchinson can't play two games in 3 days.

Westwood needs to start releasing the ball quicker every now and again.

Winnall is not good enough.

They're the obvious ones. Hopefully he's spotted a lot more that the untrained eye can't see. Like what I've seen and heard from him so far. Good test of him now to see how he shapes us up for Saturday.

Exactly, I’m feeling gutted by that performance. Just when you think the (Matt) penny has dropped those players put in that level of performance.

its always one step forward and one step back with this squad of players. Which I guess makes us a midtable side. 

Its mainly Reach and Winnall that were so disappointing.