Adam Reach

Just now, 2roland2 said:

So when you said about Harris and how he harries oppos back you didn’t really mean reach doesn’t do that?  

Im sure you have buttons for eyes 

I understand you are really slow and you may have certain issues, so i'm not going to labour the point, but if you chance look up the word intent 

Just now, 2roland2 said:

Now I can excuse the ignorance of some fans saying he doesn’t tackle he doesn’t get stuck in, even though that is t his game, and never has been.

what I can’t excuse is your lack of of ability to see that he does chase back and he does close down, just because he is t a hard hitting midfielder doesn’t mean he isnt doing that. 

As for slow, I have seen sloths faster than you and also with more footballing knowledge.

No, still wrong Roly, i can see you are trying though.

Once again, i have not suggested he doesn't run about, (read that again, and again, a couple more times for luck)

I have said he has no intent (there is that word again) to win the ball.

Now don't rush a reply until you fully understand 

19 minutes ago, torres said:

No one is having a go for him not being Roy Keane, it's the fact he is like a scared school girl anytime anyone is within 5 yards of him. The total lack of any effort to win the ball back - yes he runs about but with not one bit of intent to get the ball

Look at Harris, he can't tackle either, but he harries the opposition, Fletcher does it, Bannan, Winnall, FF etc etc 

I think that is all most are asking for

If his offensive side of the game was so good it far outweighed the lack of any defensive side, it wouldn't be as much of an issue . ... . . but it isn't!

No one is saying he's complete garbage, he just lacks enough presence on the pitch for the majority of most games he plays.

If he lacks presence on the pitch, how come over the last 30 games we have been outstanding when he plays (49 points from 25) and garbage when he doesn’t (2 points from 5)?

Could it be that your opinions are blinding you to fact?

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

If he lacks presence on the pitch, how come over the last 30 games we have been outstanding when he plays (49 points from 25) and garbage when he doesn’t (2 points from 5)?

Could it be that your opinions are blinding you to fact?

Sorry, you are right.

I am totally wrong.

In all those 30 games he was man of the match by a mile.

He carried the team and we wouldn't have won without his immense contributions 

End of thread 

Edited by torres

Just now, torres said:

Sorry, you are right.

I am totally wrong.

In all those 30 games he was man of the match by a mile.

Give over.

Nobody is saying he’s MoM. I’m saying our team are UNQUESTIONABLY effective when he plays. 

5 minutes ago, torres said:

No, still wrong Roly, i can see you are trying though.

Once again, i have not suggested he doesn't run about, (read that again, and again, a couple more times for luck)

I have said he has no intent (there is that word again) to win the ball.

Now don't rush a reply until you fully understand 

If he has no intent to win the ball, why does he average more tackles per game than 15 of our other players that have played this season?

Is two thirds of our squad just running around with no intent?

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Give over.

Nobody is saying he’s MoM. I’m saying our team are UNQUESTIONABLY effective when he plays. 

I suppose it's how you define effective.

Does effective necessarily mean played well?

Just now, torres said:

I suppose it's how you define effective.

Does effective necessarily mean played well?

No. I mean we gathered 2 points per game with him playing, and 2 points in five games when he didn’t.

THAT, is how I define effective.

Its a team.

41 minutes ago, torres said:

No one is having a go for him not being Roy Keane, it's the fact he is like a scared school girl anytime anyone is within 5 yards of him. The total lack of any effort to win the ball back - yes he runs about but with not one bit of intent to get the ball

Look at Harris, he can't tackle either, but he harries the opposition, Fletcher does it, Bannan, Winnall, FF etc etc 

I think that is all most are asking for

If his offensive side of the game was so good it far outweighed the lack of any defensive side, it wouldn't be as much of an issue . ... . . but it isn't!

No one is saying he's complete garbage, he just lacks enough presence on the pitch for the majority of most games he plays.

I mean the fact that he makes more tackles per game than all of our players bar Defence & DM is I guess a bit of a flaw in your argument here... thats more than all the players you mentioned Bannan, Winnall, FF Fletcher... Twice as many as Harris, who is at 0.7 per game but didn't get in the picture. So to surmise he makes twice as many tackles per game than the other winger who is a revelation, contributed more in terms of goals&assists than Harris. I hope Reach keeps out performing Harris (who by the way is doing awesome, just reach is doing better).  

image.thumb.png.f2f83e85297a67833d4d45886b30c158.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

I mean the fact that he makes more tackles per game than all of our players bar Defence & DM is I guess a bit of a flaw in your argument here... thats more than all the players you mentioned Bannan, Winnall, FF Fletcher... Twice as many as Harris, who is at 0.7 per game but didn't get in the picture. So to surmise he makes twice as many tackles per game than the other winger who is a revelation, contributed more in terms of goals&assists than Harris. I hope Reach keeps out performing Harris (who by the way is doing awesome, just reach is doing better).  

image.thumb.png.f2f83e85297a67833d4d45886b30c158.png

I HOPE other clubs are looking at these stats too

2 minutes ago, torres said:

I HOPE other clubs are looking at these stats too

To add to this, he is also:

• Joint top of our assists charts with Bannan
  • Second only to Fletch in Shots per Game
  • Second only to Bannan in Key Passes per Game
  • Third only to Harris & Murphy in average dribbles per game

I mean if only he tried he'd be f*%king sensational!

• Haha 2

Just now, 2roland2 said:

Well it’s certain you aren’t looking......or what our players actually do.....

I concede defeat.

I have been under valuing tough tackling Adam all this time 

On next weeks episode Roland Rat convinces me Rhodes is too quick for his own good, Hooper was really underweight and Jimmy Saville was a decent child minder 

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

To add to this, he is also:

• Joint top of our assists charts with Bannan
  • Second only to Fletch in Shots per Game
  • Second only to Bannan in Key Passes per Game
  • Third only to Harris & Murphy in average dribbles per game

I mean if only he tried he'd be f*%king sensational!

So why do so many think he has been poor for a long time????

Wait a minute . . .  .oh yeah . .  its not championship manager!!!!

1 minute ago, torres said:

So why do so many think he has been poor for a long time????

Wait a minute . . .  .oh yeah . .  its not championship manager!!!!

Just because you're making enough negative posts to be the equivalent of about 6 people doesn't mean so many people think he's been poor lol

He's been not great so far this season... still been kinda decent.

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Just because you're making enough negative posts to be the equivalent of about 6 people doesn't mean so many people think he's been poor lol

He's been not great so far this season... still been kinda decent.

He himself has said he's not been very good, the manager has said he's not been very good, most of the crowd don't think he's been very good

It's only you and the stat sisters that seem to think he's up for the Ballon d'or 

I've only read this last page so hopefully it's just Torres digging this hole and we don't have many other fans being wilfully ignorant regarding the qualities Reach brings to the side.

I can kind of understand people being disappointed that he's not yet hit the same heights in terms of spectacular goals this season, but to just ignore his other contributions when they're presented to you in black and white is just baffling behaviour.

Just now, torres said:

He himself has said he's not been very good, the manager has said he's not been very good, most of the crowd don't think he's been very good

It's only you and the stat sisters that seem to think he's up for the Ballon d'or 

So that bit where I said he's not been great this season = up for the ballon d'or?

Did you read my post, or just my username and the first five words of my post and just fill in the blanks? Be honest

I’m merely pointing out like I did earlier that players like Bannan and Reach are judged by a higher standard. His not very good or not at his best is in the top three of all of the major facets of an attacking players game. Creating more chances, scoring more goals, having more shots even making more tackles than many of the side who are playing at the top of their game. That’s not to belittle the others, they’re doing fab, it’s more to point out that so is Reach even playing below his absolute best.