Adam Reach

55 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Lots of people have been saying he needs to be more aggressive for a very long time, it's never going to happen.

He’s the football equivalent of Hugh Grant

After he scores I bet he goes around apologising to everyone on the opposition bus before it leaves Hillsborough after the game 

• Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

A good honest sensible post 

2 hours ago, daleblue said:

LoadABallacks

You beat me to it you barsteward!  WTF:

4 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Right on que. 

fickle as fizz our fans

Yeah reyt fickle ...just saying what we see.

If I see a footballer that only turns up one game in six ...hes gunna get called out.

If Wednesday seriously have any ambitions about challenging the top 2/6 we will need more consistency, not someone who turns up now and then.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

Some were worse than others and Reach was very poor and Harris ineffective. To be fair he is at least getting on the end of things which is more than can be said of others tonight, I'd be more worried I guess if he was just totally anonymous.

Winnall isn't looking a top half champ striker either sorry to say, we need better than him.

Iorfa may have been at fault for the goal but he was excellent yet again otherwise. 

Fletch was hugely missed, showing we are lacking another quality striker. Hopefully FF can fill the void as we need something different.

Would like to see Luongo given a go sat over Hutch who shouldn't be able to walk into the team if he's not performing at his best.

Anyone pinning their hopes on FF filling anything will be very disappointed

I don’t know what he offers the team apart from an occasional 30 yard shot every 10 games.

Seriously nesh in a tackle too. Had a bad night but not having a good season, it’s like he is complacent and knows his position is safe. 

I would be tempted to stick Foresteri in his position when he’s back from the ban. 

Or try Harris on the right and Reach on the left. 

8 hours ago, owlmanc said:

Question is if someone came in with good money should we cash in?

Absolutely. Everyone is worth their price .. even the likes of Bannan etc ...

Probably needs a spell on the sidelines in all honesty .. some players thrive on performing consistently and if they have a bad game the next one will be a good one from em .. some just amble along ...

10 hours ago, SiJ said:

No bite, no confidence, zero intensity. 

He was bloody woeful tonight. 

Every time he got the ball, it was pretty much nailed on he would lose it. 

Have always stuck up for him, but my patience is wearing thin. 

That's it blame one player for a poor team performance

I'm a Reach fan and when he's playing well he brings a lot to the table. There's no doubt though, he's playing poorly at the moment ('boro game apart).

Is he in a comfort zone?

Maybe he is, the last 4 managers have played him week in week out regardless. A few games on the bench would tell us a lot about Adam Reach. He either takes the kick up the back side and starts producing or he slips by the wayside.

Hopefully the former.

5 hours ago, billyblack said:

Anyone pinning their hopes on FF filling anything will be very disappointed

If Monk can bring the best out of FF, like he has with Fletcher then I dont think there will be many disaponted people.

We need someone who can take games by the scruff of the neck when players like Harris and Bannan are being marked out of the game. Harris was mostly ineffective, so it was the perfect opportunity for a player like Reach to take some responsibility and produce. Sadly, there was more than one effort on goal where he went for power instead of placement and completley fluffed his lines. He has the potential to be a regular match winner but it too inconsistent and lightweight... something which as been aimed at Reach for a number of seasons now.

3 minutes ago, Miffed said:

If Monk can bring the best out of FF, like he has with Fletcher then I dont think there will be many disaponted people.

We need someone who can take games by the scruff of the neck when players like Harris and Bannan are being marked out of the game. Harris was mostly ineffective, so it was the perfect opportunity for a player like Reach to take some responsibility and produce. Sadly, there was more than one effort on goal where he went for power instead of placement and completley fluffed his lines. He has the potential to be a regular match winner but it too inconsistent and lightweight... something which as been aimed at Reach for a number of seasons now.

Agree with all that.

It wont be done by FF though