Athletics is not a particularly popular sport in this country, yet our famous athletes are.

Anyhow, Alberto Salazar, the coach of Mo Farah has been found guilty of doping offences.

He is backed 100% by Nike and has friends in high places (Seb Coe), so this could get very, very interesting

19 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Not a good time for athletics at the moment - the crowds (or lack of) at the World Championships have been terrible. Yet largely predictable. 

Laughable. 

I was watching London 2017 bemoaning my inability to get tickets to London 2012, and now London 2017.... Then j realised I'd never tried for London 2027, and boom, two days later I was there and had a blast. First time watching athletics live and there was always things going on, constantly for 4 hours! 

6 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Don’t think he’s Farah’s coach now 

Nop, he left when I quit the track event's. 

Never had any issues with drugs, but some will start to look at him more closely now. I remember once really defending Lance Armstrong.... How little I knew (not that I'm saying Mo is a drugs cheat!)

8 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Laughable. 

I was watching London 2017 bemoaning my inability to get tickets to London 2012, and now London 2017.... Then j realised I'd never tried for London 2027, and boom, two days later I was there and had a blast. First time watching athletics live and there was always things going on, constantly for 4 hours! 

Time machine ?

• Haha 1
On 01/10/2019 at 13:14, Burnsie said:

Nop, he left when I quit the track event's. 

Never had any issues with drugs, but some will start to look at him more closely now. I remember once really defending Lance Armstrong.... How little I knew (not that I'm saying Mo is a drugs cheat!)

Ha. Nice mental slip there.

2 hours ago, ``` said:

Personally... and I know it's not a popular view... but I think Mo has quite a few questions to answer.

Me too. 

What's his favourite episode of Father Ted? Should be the first one. 

6 hours ago, jambler said:

Me too. 

What's his favourite episode of Father Ted? Should be the first one. 

If it's not 'Are you Right There Father Ted?' then he's definitely a wrong un.

Farah was definitely doping, from a no hoper to a destroyer of Kenyans and Ethiopians, the missed drug tests, the injection, lying about EPO king Aden, etc. He was dirty as fizz. So was that Paula Radcliffe.

Watching these two acting all saintly and innocent makes me sick.

Get this Salazar on Oprah so he can start singing like a canary.