Hull match on sky

Guest Ferkorf

@daleblue    @dr. benway  thank you for the replies. I might give it a shot tonight my internets not bad to be fair can usually get away with watching something live on Sky go whilst the kids are beavering away on youtube and the mrs is watching Netflix.

Just to be sure though I will hide kids tablets and tell Mrs netflix is down lol

Just now, Ferkorf said:

@daleblue    @dr. benway  thank you for the replies. I might give it a shot tonight my internets not bad to be fair can usually get away with watching something live on Sky go whilst the kids are beavering away on youtube and the mrs is watching Netflix.

Just to be sure though I will hide kids tablets and tell Mrs netflix is down lol

Not sure about tablets, I always use my computer, dont forget you need to down load (NOWTV PLAYER) first before you can watch the match.

39 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Question - can you pause on red button?

I seem to recall you can on one channel but not on another??? But I forget my own name these days. 

You might forget about 2nd referendums as well if we are lucky lol

6 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

I just checked, the bit rate for the highest quality stream is 4,500Kb/s, i.e. 4.5Mbps.

Go to https://fast.com/ and see what it tells you your speed is. If it's above the 4.5Mbps figure you can stream comfortably at 720p, any lower and you'll have to watch a lower quality version, or it may start cutting out.

Bear in mind the number you get from fast.com is shared between everyone who uses the connection, so it's just a rough guide and you may still need to resort to nefarious means :laugh:

8 minutes ago, daleblue said:

dont forget you need to down load (NOWTV PLAYER) first before you can watch the match.

That's not true if you're using iFollow is it? You can get to it through your browser via the match centre, no need for Now TV: https://www.swfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/2019202/october/hull-city-vs-sheffield-wednesday-on-01-oct-19/. We might be talking at cross purposes though, since I guess you get the Sky stuff through Now TV?

Otherwise there's the EFL SWFC app for iPhone/iOS (not sure what it's called for Android) that you can watch through.

7 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

That's not true if you're using iFollow is it? You can get to it through your browser via the match centre, no need for Now TV: https://www.swfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/2019202/october/hull-city-vs-sheffield-wednesday-on-01-oct-19/. We might be talking at cross purposes though, since I guess you get the Sky stuff through Now TV?

Otherwise there's the EFL SWFC app for iPhone/iOS (not sure what it's called for Android) that you can watch through.

Not sure the point your making, you can only watch the match through sky, ifollow can get it through NOWTV for UK viewers,if you dont subscribe to sky, not sure about

iphone or other devices, just laptop.

Edited by daleblue

Just now, daleblue said:

Not sure the point your making, you can only watch the match through sky, ifollow can get it through NOWTV for UK viewers, not sure about iphone or other devices, just laptop.

I think I just got confused with the different threads of conversation. My point was just that if e.g. @Ferkorf wanted to try iFollow for tonight then they don't need Now TV at all as it's a different thing.

1 minute ago, dr. benway said:

I think I just got confused with the different threads of conversation. My point was just that if e.g. @Ferkorf wanted to try iFollow for tonight then they don't need Now TV at all as it's a different thing.

I he has sky then thats fine, I dont think he has so he needs to watch via another platform, which would be nowtv.

21 minutes ago, wexowl said:

have virgin media broadband and tv to the house. Subscribe to Sky sports( full whack) via Virgin but red button not active when I try.

Red button won’t work until 5 minutes before kick off. Go on channel 503 then press the red button.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tudders said:

So if I purchase Sky Sports via Now TV, can I watch the match even though it’s on red button? Or do I need ‘proper’ Sky to be able to access red button services?

apologies for the technophobic question!!

If you dont have sky, 

first download nowtvplayer, (not sure if you need this)

next go to match centre and buy a video match pass.

Edited by daleblue

21 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

Sorry your right, I confused myself.

• Like 1

There seems to be a bit of confusion in some posts.  I will tell you what I know.

Sky red button matches are NOT available on Now TV.

Sky red button matches are made available to UK iFollow users.

My personal experience watching on iFollow is very good however I always use computer and always chrome browser

1 minute ago, Twaddle said:

There seems to be a bit of confusion in some posts.  I will tell you what I know.

Sky red button matches are NOT available on Now TV.

Sky red button matches are made available to UK iFollow users.

My personal experience watching on iFollow is very good however I always use computer and always chrome browser

Glad somebody knows whats going on.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, daleblue said:

If you dont have sky, 

first download nowtvplayer, (not sure if you need this)

next go to match centre and buy a video match pass.

Thanks mate. So if I download nowtvplayer, do you buy individual matches then?  I’ve seen Now Tv Sky Sports pass, do I not need that then?

55 minutes ago, wexowl said:

have virgin media broadband and tv to the house. Subscribe to Sky sports( full whack) via Virgin but red button not active when I try.

Don't understand that.

I have full Virgin package the same, that includes Sky and BT sports and no issue using red button.

Are you sure you're on the correct SKY sports channel ? 503 but only comes on a couple of minutes before kick and no replays.

Edited by Ray Von shabba

@daleblue Aye, think you're getting muddled (or I am! lol) - iFollow is nowt to do with NowTV.

(cc @dr. benway!)

NowTV is just a way for people who don't have Sky Sports to buy a pass allowing them to watch a limited version of Sky Sports for a set time. You can buy a day, a week or a month pass, but it's not the full-fat Sky, just certain channels and programmes. Since tonight's game is on Sky red button, and NowTV doesn't include that, it won't be on NowTV - so no point buying a NowTV pass.

iFollow is accessed via the official SWFC site, and because tonight's game isn't at home OR on a Saturday afternoon, a video feed is available to UK viewers for a tenner. (You can also buy an audio pass for about three quid and listen to the Radio Sheffield coverage online if you don't live in Sheffield but want a cheaper option.)

Either way, if you want to use iFollow, you just need to register for an account and pick whatever type of match pass you want for tonight.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Thanks 1