Nuhiu

17 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

That in a nutshell is your problem he played 13 minutes and changed the game and won us a point 

We'll have to agree to differ about the rest 

Like I said ...for his fans scoring a goal in 13 minutes is something to make a song and dance about, completely masking the fact that he doesn’t have an attempt on target in the next 3 games......all of which he started

13 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Apparently 90 people don't share your view of Atty v Fulham

Plus on here he was voted MotM against Everton 

23,342 attended the game......90 think he was man of the match.......I can’t argue with that 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

23,342 attended the game......90 think he was man of the match.......I can’t argue with that 

all 23,342 read these pages do they and vote in the polls ?

I'd say Owlstalk is fairly representative cross-section of our support 

You're right you can't argue with that as your prejudices are showing through rather badly 

Edited by Lawrie Madden

As much as he tries hard etc he's part of the problem. He's been here how long? And for the majority of the time we have been crap. Get rid, you don't keep players for 6 seasons cus you can thrown em on for 13 minutes to 'do a job'

Edited by dani_armo

1 minute ago, dani_armo said:

As much as he tries hard etc he's part of the problem. He's been here how long? And for the majority of the time we have been crap. Get rid, you don't keep players for 6 seasons cus you can thrown em on for 13 minutes to 'do a job'

Why have the last 4 or so managers disagreed with you ?

Edited by Lawrie Madden

Just now, Ian said:

Need to get to the real reason for this dislike of one of our most influential SWFC players of the last 10 years ...

He sold you a ropey timeshare in 

Sarajevo back in the day didn't he ?

28 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Bruce & Bully & Monk didn’t get sacked.

To be fair Bruce wasn't daft and hardly played him, Bully has never been the proper manager and if Monk thinks Nuhiu is the answer he will go the same way as the rest

Only Fletcher is good enough out of our strikers and that clearly showed in one game at Hull

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Need to get to the real reason for this dislike of one of our most influential SWFC players of the last 10 years ...

He sold you a ropey timeshare in 

Sarajevo back in the day didn't he ?

most influential..yes right..strikers go on gaals..not chasing back etc...goals he is wee wee poor 

Big Dave, absolute legend lol 

as a sub, but the guys done bits can’t deny that 

He won’t start moving forward, but there’s times he’ll need to fill in, like when main strikers are out.

at this point I don’t know how you can hate the guy. We all know his role, yet some still get worked up about it

Edited by FreshOwl

12 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

most influential..yes right..strikers go on gaals..not chasing back etc...goals he is wee wee poor 

Why label him as an out and out striker Brando ?

I bet every manager weve had who puts him on the team sheet does it for many more reasons that as an out and out striker ?

This is what I dont get with his detractors ..

They will put a "shitliner" on all game and he does nothing but wait to tap in a ball from 5 yards into the net (playing with ten men in retrospect) nothing else brought to the party but that !!!

Yet they'll blame his team mates for not playing to his strengths !!!

Yet Atty lad  draws markers 

Foils markers 

Lays balls off

Pops in and scores vital game changing goals..

But hes a useless fùcking lump !!!!

I would love to hear what Big Jack Wilko n Big Ron make of him ? 

They knew a thing or two about grafters...

19 minutes ago, dani_armo said:

To be fair Bruce wasn't daft and hardly played him, Bully has never been the proper manager and if Monk thinks Nuhiu is the answer he will go the same way as the rest

Only Fletcher is good enough out of our strikers and that clearly showed in one game at Hull

And here again we see the desperate clamour to stamp out every single trace of anything that might be construed as creditable about Nuhiu. It's like a manic game of whack-a-mole. If he won a game of cards someone on here would say the other players weren't trying or accuse him of cheating.

Bruce "hardly played him"? Forwards appearances in Bruce's 18 games in charge...

Fletcher               16

Forestieri             13

Matias                  11

Nuhiu / Joao        10

Hooper                 6

Winnall                 4

Rhodes                0 (on loan)

In our two play-off campaigns, Nuhiu played in 61 of the 92 league games. Hardly a compelling case, especially in those striker heavy squads, for him being unable to play a part in a successful team.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

...strikers go on gaals.. goals he is wee wee poor 

Most of us grow out of that simplistic, rosy-cheeked naivety before we leave school.

Check Dennis Bergkamp's record at Arsenal. He must have been really crap. They went a full season unbeaten in the league even though they were down to ten men.

:dry:

Edited by DJMortimer

I would love to hear what Big Jack Wilko n Big Ron make of him ? 

They knew a thing or two about grafters...

I can see he has a part to play in a squad destined for mid table, but struggle to see him getting a game in any team managed by Atkinson.