Nuhiu

10 hours ago, Ian said:

You wouldn’t.....at away games he was always the main cheer leader at the end of games so it was blatantly obvious when he f.ooked off at the end of games......something that was noticed by plenty on here as well

Glad to see you didn’t disagree with my first point though ;-)

First point was flawed mate...He scored against Fulham.....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Well found.....and you say I’m obsessed with Nuhiu......now you just need a few lessons on the nuances of the English language and you’ll be away 

You asked for evidence and it wasn't hard to find.

lol

oh and btw you should learn how to spell our players names correctly.

And you are the one obsessed by Nuhiu as evidenced by your rabid posting over the years. I'm far from the only person to pick up on this.

Good to see as a fan you have decided to pick on some other players as well. How noble of you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

First point was flawed mate...He scored against Fulham.....

And why does that make my first point flawed....”hasn’t had an attempt on target in 3 games”......Everton, Middlesbrough, Hull = 3.......doesn’t it?

37 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

You asked for evidence and it wasn't hard to find.

lol

oh and btw you should learn how to spell our players names correctly.

And you are the one obsessed by Nuhiu as evidenced by your rabid posting over the years. I'm far from the only person to pick up on this.

Good to see as a fan you have decided to pick on some other players as well. How noble of you.

Picking up on spellings.....always a sign of scraping the bottom of the barrel in order to support your point......I’ll leave it with you at that level

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

Picking up on spellings.....always a sign of scraping the bottom of the barrel in order to support your point......I’ll leave it with you at that level

Yet you questioining my English is fine? Wouldn't have pointed out spelling otherwise.

You just huffing cause I could provide evidence earlier

lol

Edited by Belfast Owl 2

On 02/10/2019 at 01:02, Ian said:

You wouldn’t swap him for....I don’t know.....just plucking an idea out of thin air......say someone who might start the last 3 games as centre forward and have at least 1 attempt on target in those 3 games?

Not a word from you while Attys been playing his part more than well, he has a poor game along with everyone else and up you pop 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Not a word from you while Attys been playing his part more than well, he has a poor game along with everyone else and up you pop 

I’m happy to comment when he’s been playing well and despite what the idiots might think (and no, I don’t class you in that bracket) no one was happier than me when he scored against Fulham and the best thing for me was him showing a desire to get to the ball......but it’s the same season in season out.....he scores a goal like that and he’s the second coming....but he never kicks on....he had a chance towards the end of the first half at Middlesbrough where all he needed was a bit of desire to get to the ball, chest it forward and finish....instead he dithered and waited and a defender got there first.

What I also think a lot of people don’t think through is that even when Nuhiu has a good game (which normally involves playing around the half way line) it’s not like that wouldn’t happen without him.....we would have another player in the team who may well (and may not) do all the same good work and additionally carry a goal threat 

13 hours ago, Ian said:

I’m happy to comment when he’s been playing well and despite what the idiots might think (and no, I don’t class you in that bracket) no one was happier than me when he scored against Fulham and the best thing for me was him showing a desire to get to the ball......but it’s the same season in season out.....he scores a goal like that and he’s the second coming....but he never kicks on....he had a chance towards the end of the first half at Middlesbrough where all he needed was a bit of desire to get to the ball, chest it forward and finish....instead he dithered and waited and a defender got there first.

What I also think a lot of people don’t think through is that even when Nuhiu has a good game (which normally involves playing around the half way line) it’s not like that wouldn’t happen without him.....we would have another player in the team who may well (and may not) do all the same good work and additionally carry a goal threat 

Its why he plays for us Ian...Like I said before, we have what we have.....I'll fully admit its not where we want to be,,,But you can only play what you have at the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Its why he plays for us Ian...Like I said before, we have what we have.....I'll fully admit its not where we want to be,,,But you can only play what you have at the time.

I sort of know what you are saying and I don’t expect Aguero but I’ll never get why Nuhiu’s very odd good game seems to blind his fans to the very often bad ones....he’s only one I know but for me other players could offer more on a more consistent basis.

Edited by Ian

16 minutes ago, Ian said:

I sort of know what you are saying and I don’t expect Aguero but I’ll never get why Nuhiu’s very odd good game seems to blind his fans to the very often bad ones....he’s only one I know but for me other players could offer more on a more consistent basis.

I think the truth is somewhere in between with Nuhiu. Some people won’t give him any credit when he is affective either which he often is if he has a striker alongside him I think. 

15 minutes ago, Ian said:

Works both ways mate...I realise his limitations..as with most of the others in the squad..in my opinion...

I simply don't get the "hatred" and the "Donkey" insults...Because EVERY player has his limitations...and players who are flit in and outta the side, doing mainly sod all, don't engender the same level of criticism.

I mean your dislike of him .."Sometimes leading the cheering" When we have won...Is no different than me walking outta the Kop without clapping when we have lost.

Its basic human nature...We all know how false all the badge kissing is...But Nuhiu ..when we lose is maybe simply disappointed..like the f.ookin' rest of us.

I simply think he engenders criticism he doesn't deserve in a measure thats not commensurate with the other players....

Simple as

• Like 1

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Works both ways mate...I realise his limitations..as with most of the others in the squad..in my opinion...

I simply don't get the "hatred" and the "Donkey" insults...Because EVERY player has his limitations...and players who are flit in and outta the side, doing mainly sod all, don't engender the same level of criticism.

I mean your dislike of him .."Sometimes leading the cheering" When we have won...Is no different than me walking outta the Kop without clapping when we have lost.

Its basic human nature...We all know how false all the badge kissing is...But Nuhiu ..when we lose is maybe simply disappointed..like the f.ookin' rest of us.

I simply think he engenders criticism he doesn't deserve in a measure thats not commensurate with the other players....

Simple as

Not sure why people have to connect dislike of him as a player with dislike of him as a person.....and that works both ways as well.......I commented on him leading the cheering simply to point out that he is not immune from having the huff when not the main man....absolutely he wasn’t up there with the Forestieri strop but he definitely had a strop on for most of last season even when we won.....yes, it might have good justification for that but it doesn’t mean it wasn’t happening 

18 minutes ago, Ian said:

I would argue something approaching the opposite actually.  Most of us who defend him are all too aware of his deficiencies. Almost never does anyone laud him as a potential superstar. They recognise he is a squad player who is sometimes good, sometimes bad, sometimes mediocre (as you'd expect with our status).

His worst critics however do not exercise the same kind of attempts at balance. It's not that unusual for him to be described as the worst player a poster has ever seen, which given even our fairly recent history,  is clearly nonsense. When he does anything remotely creditable some become quite rabid in trying to explain it away as a fluke or someone else's doing.

People are free to like him or not. If they are the sort who judge strikers solely by goals (rather simplistic and narrow-minded for my liking) then he is probably going to disappoint. But quite why they feel the need to wage such a campaign of negativity against him is beyond me and is in stark contrast to someone like Jordan Rhodes who until recently had been experiencing almost the exact opposite effect.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ian said:

Not sure why people have to connect dislike of him as a player with dislike of him as a person.....and that works both ways as well.......I commented on him leading the cheering simply to point out that he is not immune from having the huff when not the main man....absolutely he wasn’t up there with the Forestieri strop but he definitely had a strop on for most of last season even when we won.....yes, it might have good justification for that but it doesn’t mean it wasn’t happening 

If a player does not "have the huff" when we lose...I'm not sure he should be here....

Its not as though he's gone missing is it?

18 hours ago, Ian said:

Atty plays well more often than not and i cant think of any occasion you have given credit ( it may have happened and if you say so i believe you no need to search ) but for instance he played very well against Everton as well as anyone against Fulham and imo as well as anyone v Boro and we hear nothing the 3 games preceding the Hull game when, from what i saw, no one played well but you choose that game to slate Nuhiu over and above everyone else.

As stated above we that defend Atty are all too well aware of his limitations as we are the other players in the squad, from a personal point of view i also see the work he does unselfishly that contributes greatly, at times, to the overall team performances 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Atty plays well more often than not and i cant think of any occasion you have given credit ( it may have happened and if you say so i believe you no need to search ) but for instance he played very well against Everton as well as anyone against Fulham and imo as well as anyone v Boro and we hear nothing the 3 games preceding the Hull game when, from what i saw, no one played well but you choose that game to slate Nuhiu over and above everyone else.

As stated above we that defend Atty are all too well aware of his limitations as we are the other players in the squad, from a personal point of view i also see the work he does unselfishly that contributes greatly, at times, to the overall team performances 

He doesn’t play well “ more often than not” though in my and many other people opinion

and I definitely don’t agree that the “played very well against Everton”

Your comment that “he played as well as anyone against Fulham” is just laughable and typical of the love in give that he was only on the pitch for 13 minutes

And I did not choose to slate Nuhiu over and above anyone else after the Hull game

other than that pretty accurate post

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

He doesn’t play well “ more often than not” though in my and many other people opinion

and I definitely don’t agree that the “played very well against Everton”

Your comment that “he played as well as anyone against Fulham” is just laughable and typical of the love in give that he was only on the pitch for 13 minutes

And I did not choose to slate Nuhiu over and above anyone else after the Hull game

other than that pretty accurate post

That in a nutshell is your problem he played 13 minutes and changed the game and won us a point 

We'll have to agree to differ about the rest