Fletcher’s season

2 hours ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Yeah it was good to hear this, Monk is making a big deal of saying it is a squad game and I think we can expect to see different players and systems. Nothing worse than like for like changes when tactics aren't working.

From what we have seen so far reputations mean nothing to Monk and he is picking players on current performance.

Exactly.....

Apart from Bannan and Reach who are obviously just Teacher’s pets and never ever get dropped despite doing absolutely nothing useful at all ever!

lol

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Played every game

5 goals.

Division’s Second top scorer.

Outstanding pressing.

Magnificent at defensive set-pieces.

Remember the “stealing a living” posts? What a season he is having for us. Can you even begin to imagine what Monk thinks of him?

In previous seasons he’d be being rested Tuesday night. He seems super-fit and I would be surprised if he doesn’t start at Hull. Especially with Atdhe having played 85. 

Haven’t seen Baston from Swansea, but I can’t imagine there has been a more impressive CF than Fletch in our division this season. Massive credit to him.

From what I’ve seen he almost looks stronger,sharper and younger in a way(obviously can’t be younger) seems to have a spring in his step. Could be the difference this season between mid-table and a play-off place.

He has been excellent for a while now. 

Work his knackers off, great in the air and has some real quality. 

Seems like a guy who has really worked on making sure he's at his absolute best (fitness wise) as he gets into the latter stages of his career. 

5 hours ago, 1867_OWL said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves still early doors yet!

Then again we ae going to win the league I've seen posts on Facebook saying so.

This isn't about us winning the league or getting ahead of ourselves, it's about singing the praises of a player who has been outstanding for us for the last 18 months.

12 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Played every game

5 goals.

Division’s Second top scorer.

Outstanding pressing.

Magnificent at defensive set-pieces.

Remember the “stealing a living” posts? What a season he is having for us. Can you even begin to imagine what Monk thinks of him?

In previous seasons he’d be being rested Tuesday night. He seems super-fit and I would be surprised if he doesn’t start at Hull. Especially with Atdhe having played 85. 

Haven’t seen Baston from Swansea, but I can’t imagine there has been a more impressive CF than Fletch in our division this season. Massive credit to him.

Good post, but why the need for the pathetic, little I told you so part. Like most players Fletcher has his ups  & downs.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jim Wonk said:

From what I’ve seen he almost looks stronger,sharper and younger in a way(obviously can’t be younger) seems to have a spring in his step. Could be the difference this season between mid-table and a play-off place.

Steven Fletcher = Benjamin Button

8 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Good post, but why the need for the pathetic, little I told you so part. Like most players Fletcher has his ups  & downs.

I'm guessing because at the time people were championing Nuhui starting instead of him. Biggest facepalm ever that one. 

Guest The Horse

Can't remember when it was exactly but when he came back from that really long time he was out injured, it was like he was a different player.

He'd bulked up, was quicker, more aggressive. The Fletcher we have now.

Funnily enough, like he'd actually levelled up in a video game. ;-)

11 hours ago, clud17 said:

Please stay fit, please stay fit, please stay fit, please stay fit, please stay fit, please stay fit, please stay fit, please stay fit, please stay fit, please stay fit, please stay fit, please stay fit, please stay fit, please stay fit, please stay fit, please stay fit, please stay fit, please stay fit, 

Something I hadn’t spotted, we have only two more games before the next International break.

I always hate them, but this break couldn’t come at a better time for us. Monk needs to get two more games out of Fletcher then he gets 13 days off for good behaviour. But yes, please stay fit.

Didn't get to watch the game and just watching the extended highlights. Know it's not a full reflection etc, but apart from scoring, it was also his pressing and then winning a foul that led to our second. Something he's been doing all season is working really really hard. Add on how good he is in the air, and he really is very tough for defenders to play against.

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

For all the shiit he used to get for that Lamborghini picture, was called a poser boy.

I don’t even see the bloke on social media. He’s a complete pro, looks after himself, gives 110% every match, far from a billy big bollarks 

I had to say I was worried when we signed him due to his wages and the picture you mention and his goal return at the time. His performances quickly put that to bed, from the start he has never given less than 100% on the pitch and when we play to his strengths his ability is clear to see.

It seems as though the Lamborghini thing came at a time when Sunderland were high-profile and on the slide and it was another stick to beat the club with in public rather than being evidence of him being a playboy who didn't really care about his football.

17 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

I was another doubter of Fletcher being an asset to the team as much as he is atm. 

To me this is proof of what forwards need to hit form is playing time. Fletcher is unrecognisable from the player in and out of the Team 18 months ago. Playing for a new deal also has a series of effects on players. 

We all need to pray for the injury curse to keep away. A settled full squad of players is the foundation for a promotion winning team 

To be fair Fletcher scored some crucial goals in 2016-17 and it was just generally niggling injuries that let him down. Still not sure whether he was substituted due to injury or to try and preserve him in the Huddersfield play-off game but had he been able to stay on during that game I think we would have had a far better chance of winning it.

17 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Didn't get to watch the game and just watching the extended highlights. Know it's not a full reflection etc, but apart from scoring, it was also his pressing and then winning a foul that led to our second. Something he's been doing all season is working really really hard. Add on how good he is in the air, and he really is very tough for defenders to play against.

Every defence in this league should fear him, he’s the best target man in the division IMO 

We’re playing to a very good players strengths getting those balls into the box I’m not one bit surprised we are seeing the benefit the guy is class 

it was there to see last season aswell

I’d sign him up for another two years right now