• Reach
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Nuhiu
    • Harris
    • Luongo
    • Winnall
    • Fox

Reach for me,hes had bags of stick this last few weeks and showed his quality today with an energetic display.

Hard to single just one player today Im pleased to say,Iorfa,Fletcher,Bannan ,Boerner all had stormers,every player did their bit stuck at their tasks and made solid contributions to a very pleasing team effort.

Well done to Monk as well for the the selection,worked a treat

Reyt enjoyed that. No need to say a negative word on anyone's performance great team display. Nuhiu getting involved and linking play justified his selection. I've been critical of reach of late but he stepped up and a put in the type of performance we know he is capable of.

Well done Garry Monk, kept his comments about his time at Boro to a minimum in the build up despite a fair bit of petty stuff coming from their side. Simply enabled his side to do the talking where it matters, on the pitch.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Westwood 7

Odubajo 8

Iorfa 9

Borner 8

Palmer 7

Hutchinson 6

Bannan 8

Harris 6

Reach 8

Nuhiu 7

Fletcher 7

Luongo 7

Winnall 6

Fox N/A

Apart from a 15 minute spell in the second half we were absolutely superb. Brilliant crosses and brilliant finishes, football as it should be played in my opinion, in the opponents half. What delights me more is that we did all this yet Harris had his quietest game for us. Onwards and upwards!

Superb performance yesterday 1st half fast,incisive and ruthless. Second half resolute,strong and professional. Overall Fletcher was Mom in my opinion.  He won everything worked tirelessly. Scored again and his overall game was superb. Big D was a monster also and is really making that CB slot his own fantastic performance. 

Westwood  7

Palmer 7.5

Borner 8

Iofra 8.5

Odubajo 7

Reach 8

Bannan 7.5

Hutch 6/ Iloungo 7

Harris 7

Fletcher 9

Nuhiu 7

9 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Westwood 7

Odubajo 8

Iorfa 9

Borner 8

Palmer 7

Hutchinson 6

Bannan 8

Harris 6

Reach 8

Nuhiu 7

Fletcher 7

Luongo 7

Winnall 6

Fox N/A

Apart from a 15 minute spell in the second half we were absolutely superb. Brilliant crosses and brilliant finishes, football as it should be played in my opinion, in the opponents half. What delights me more is that we did all this yet Harris had his quietest game for us. Onwards and upwards!

Great point about Harris.

All four goals (feels nice to type that) came from our right flank. If sides are going to counter Harris effectively it’s going to make life harder for them on the other wing. 

Its no coincidence that they struggled with Reach and Odubajo. Any defence dealing with on form Harris, Fletcher and Nuhiu are going to allow gaps elsewhere.

Brilliant from Monk.

But, cor blimey your scores are skinny. Four-one away! what gets a player a Kagoshimaowl 9 or 10? Hat-trick, two assists, 8-0 and a date with his sister?

How did Odubajo play? 

Looks like he he has moved on from his disaster out afternoon in Preston. I saw in the highlights how Fletcher gave him lots of encouragement after his saved shot in the second half.

Certainly from the 14mins of highlights he seemed to be getting way upfield.

I think Monk deserves credit for going with big Nuhiu. 

It's always a gamble to put two big lads up top. 

We've seen that tactic fail. Many clubs have.

But I thought that gave us the catalyst to build on. Nuhiu and Fletchers physicality terrified their milky back line.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

But I thought that gave us the catalyst to build on. Nuhiu and Fletchers physicality terrified their milky back line.

A surprise to see Nuhiu start but it highlighted their weakness. A manager doing the groundwork before a March. Rather refreshing!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Great point about Harris.

All four goals (feels nice to type that) came from our right flank. If sides are going to counter Harris effectively it’s going to make life harder for them on the other wing. 

Its no coincidence that they struggled with Reach and Odubajo. Any defence dealing with on form Harris, Fletcher and Nuhiu are going to allow gaps elsewhere.

Brilliant from Monk.

But, cor blimey your scores are skinny. Four-one away! what gets a player a Kagoshimaowl 9 or 10? Hat-trick, two assists, 8-0 and a date with his sister?

Yeah good point. I should have given both Reach and Iorfa 9. To be fair, I think I typed that in the early hours of the morning after the game finished!!

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

How did Odubajo play? 

Looks like he he has moved on from his disaster out afternoon in Preston. I saw in the highlights how Fletcher gave him lots of encouragement after his saved shot in the second half.

Certainly from the 14mins of highlights he seemed to be getting way upfield.

Had a very good game on the whole. 

A lot of Boro's problems were coming down our right hand flank. Odubajo played very high up, and Reach subsequently pressed from a higher starting position, which contributed to our third goal. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Think Monk deserves credit for going with Nuhiu and not what 90% of the people here would have done and gone with Winnall. Nuhiu has far more about his game then Winnall does. Previous two appearances Winnall has been very poor and if he ain't careful I can see Rhodes taking his place on the bench.

12 hours ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Superb performance yesterday 1st half fast,incisive and ruthless. Second half resolute,strong and professional. Overall Fletcher was Mom in my opinion.  He won everything worked tirelessly. Scored again and his overall game was superb. Big D was a monster also and is really making that CB slot his own fantastic performance. 

Westwood  7

Palmer 7.5

Borner 8

Iofra 8.5

Odubajo 7

Reach 8

Bannan 7.5

Hutch 6/ Iloungo 7

Harris 7

Fletcher 9

Nuhiu 7

Also...watching the highlights again, he made the Reach goal, chasing down the Mid player to win the ball back.  COupled with a spell in the 2nd half, when he repelled two corners in a row, then a free kick straight after.  Not just dangerous up front, but he is so good at defending set pieces.  

11 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Also it was a big surprise to Woodgate. None of us expected to see 442, let alone a Nuhiu-Fletcher pairing.

McCann at Hull won’t have a clue how we will line up on Tuesday.