1 point off 6th - 3 points off top

48 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Just like we were at the same time last year under Jos lol

Seem to have found the way to goal this year though. Consistent run is going to build confidence in the players and hopefully keep us in the top third of the table. Competition for places is now a thing as the team doesn’t hinge on one player having a decent game, very early days but the signs are looking good.

17 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Couldn't resist posting this.

Fantastic fantastic fantastic.

Two away wins and a last minute draw for Monk.

Fantastic fantastic fantastic.

Roll on Tuesday. Against a Hull who took a last minute sucker punch..

Ten games in gives a rough guide as to where you finish according to some of our previous managers.

A win or even a draw on Tuesday should put us  in the top six and a reasonable start to the season.

A word of caution though looking at the league table.

We‘ve had a fairly easy run of fixtures & picked up points from teams near the bottom, whilst dropping points when playing teams in the top half of the table.

Wins boost confidence though so let’s hope its not a new manager bounce, but can be maintained against better opponents.

Four of the teams above us are playing each other this week and the other two are away.

Not inconceivable that there could be four draws meaning a win would have us second by Wednesday night.

Whatever happens a win at Hull puts us right in the action for the weekend.

C'MON WEDNESDAY...!

Edited by 33
WAWAW
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, shandypants said:

Sorry mate but surely you can see the flaws in your argument here. Let’s agree that Bullen telling Mr Chansiri that he is ready for the job is absolute fact and for the sake of this discussion, Lee Bullen knew he wasn’t ready and was just being selfish because he wanted the job then the blame still lies with Mr Chansiri because he is the ultimate decision maker (he is the person who hires and fires) and to make a decision on such a simple criteria would not be good due diligencepi practice. 

My my guess is that Lee Bullen was retained as caretaker manager until Mr C could firstly, work our clearly in his head who he wanted to appoint as manager and secondly, actually make that appointment. 

He was selfish because he knew he wasn't the best choice not that he knew he wasn't ready, I think it's fair to say he genuinely thought he was.

Maybe you can debate the point about weather it was selfish or not, but the blame lays at both of their feet, mainly LB for stepping up at a time DC was probably alot more likely to give Bullen a chance, with the loyalty side of things after Bruce left like that. To say Bullen deserves no blame for that whatsoever is very strange but I see some people don't do logic so yeah I'll just agree to disagree 

And there's no way Gray Monk being appointed after 48hours or contact in his own words not pointing to the fact Bullen was given a chance to prove himself rather than caretaker until DC make a permanent appointment. 

Bullen went to DC and said he'd had enough and DC got on the phone to Monk asap is the way I read into it.

I think giving Bullen and chance without making him perm. Manager was a way to A test the water and B to make sure if things went wrong like they did Bullen could carry on working with us rather than feel the need to leave.

Edited by keepitsteel89

16 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Don't want to wake sleeping dogs but..if Bullen hadn't of selfishly convinced DC he was ready for the job we'd BE top of the league by now.

Probably easily

Can’t believe we took so long to appoint an experienced Championship manager but that’s water under the bridge now.

Onwards and upwards eh?

6 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

He was selfish because he knew he wasn't the best choice not that he knew he wasn't ready, I think it's fair to say he genuinely thought he was.

Maybe you can debate the point about weather it was selfish or not, but the blame lays at both of their feet, mainly LB for stepping up at a time DC was probably alot more likely to give Bullen a chance, with the loyalty side of things after Bruce left like that. To say Bullen deserves no blame for that whatsoever is very strange but I see some people don't do logic so yeah I'll just agree to disagree 

And there's no way Gray Monk being appointed after 48hours or contact in his own words not pointing to the fact Bullen was given a chance to prove himself rather than caretaker until DC make a permanent appointment. 

Bullen went to DC and said he'd had enough and DC got on the phone to Monk asap is the way I read into it.

I think giving Bullen and chance without making him perm. Manager was a way to A test the water and B to make sure if things went wrong like they did Bullen could carry on working with us rather than feel the need to leave.

Wow. Just wow. I hope you’re not a barrister, judge or magistrate. 

On 29/09/2019 at 11:31, 33 said:

Four of the teams above us are playing each other this week and the other two are away.

Not inconceivable that there could be four draws meaning a win would have us second by Wednesday night.

Whatever happens a win at Hull puts us right in the action for the weekend.

C'MON WEDNESDAY...!

Yep. Sadly, been studying the table & the fixtures myself. The Leeds & Charlton games are perfect in our situation. We may gain on 2, the losers, or four of them teams, if, as you say, they draw. 

I just want us to win while we're on a roll under Monkfish.

UTO