4 in 45

On 28/09/2019 at 16:28, OWL1969 said:

Blackburn, sprung straight to my mind.

Unforgettable 20 minutes.

Nobody could have lived with us in that little spell.

The night I fell in love with Wednesday!! Followed us ever since, Waddle & Nilsson, that away kit!! I knew Wednesday where the club for me. We've been a bit sheet since then though!! :ph34r:

On 30/09/2019 at 02:53, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I was there quite ordinary leading one nil after 20 or 25 minutes, then fireworks  we got four more in a few minutes just before half time. 23/8/1964 Fantham 3, Mobley & Dobson 17k.

Thanks for that info Nev.  17K only....

we scored 4 in the second half against Leeds a few years back ending 6-1 lol

Going further back can remember being at an Fa cup game in 1997 when we score 7 past Grimsby 3 in the first half 4 in the second. it was about the time we had unearthed the new Van Basten in the youth ranks. Classic Sheffield Wednesday he ended up a right back for Chesterfield. 

There was a game played in the Lake district where a member of a pub team, a Wednesdayite had passed on (possibly, can't recall exact detail). As a mark of respect they asked that the Owls send as strong a team as possible and that the team would not take their foot off the pedal. They duly obliged Unknown Pub Team 0-27 Wednesday.

If anyone can shed any light, more detail on this game please feel free to contribute.

On 28/09/2019 at 17:16, hangonrose said:

5-0 up vs Burnley late 60s...won 5-1

Yes. That rings a bell..  Andy Lochhead got theirs. I was there.

Also v Bolton 5-0 in the Andy Booth game.

And 5-0 v league leaders West Ham Nov 1959.  Ended 7-0.  And we played last 25 minutes with ten men.  

On 28/09/2019 at 20:30, Prutton Away said:

Also league cup final run 93 beat Ipswich 7-1, so the maths must be 4 in a half.

Ipswich was the Quarter Final. Won 1-0 at home in a replay after a 1-1 draw at Portman Road.

Leicester was 7-1 in Round 3 but most of the goals were in the 2nd half.

On 28/09/2019 at 23:57, lanzaroteowl said:

The Palmer hat trick game. QPR?

Palmer scored a first half hat trick but the fourth goal came deep into the 2nd half (Sheridan).

29 minutes ago, mark77 said:

Ipswich was the Quarter Final. Won 1-0 at home in a replay after a 1-1 draw at Portman Road.

Leicester was 7-1 in Round 3 but most of the goals were in the 2nd half.

Palmer scored a first half hat trick but the fourth goal came deep into the 2nd half (Sheridan).

Lie-cester-shire of course. Didn't we then play them a week or so later and win 1-0 in league? I remember thinking (second time round) we'll hammer this lot after the other week and then didn't. Whoever we played had twins or brothers playing for them....... aren't we sad that we hark that far back to find these big wins!

Edited by Prutton Away