'Boro - V - Wednesday OMDT

9 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

launch it to those front two to bully boro

The thought of Fletcher and Nuhiu bullying anyone made me belly laugh.

Bless em lol

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Yes that’s what it is 

Every manager has used them and it’s nothing to do with their abilities it’s down to being “teachers pet” 

The stupidity on here is breathtaking at times 

The teachers pet comment was an exaggeration, don’t take everything you read on here so seriously. Luongo is a much better option than Hutch at the moment and you could see that with eyes painted on 

10 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

though I suspect Monk will realise that he’s better used off the bench 

His contract ends this summer doesn't it?

We all know that means he gets an extended run in the team and over a dozen goals to secure another two years. Then next season hes back to being incapable again lol

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Yes that’s what it is 

Every manager has used them and it’s nothing to do with their abilities it’s down to being “teachers pet” 

The stupidity on here is breathtaking at times 

Our midfield has not been good enough this season , nowhere near.

It has ranged from average to awful, or even worse in the games against Preston and QPR for example.

We need to do something to improve it.

1 minute ago, Ferkorf said:

His contract ends this summer doesn't it?

We all know that means he gets an extended run in the team and over a dozen goals to secure another two years. Then next season hes back to being incapable again lol

Absolutely no interest in getting involved with the Nuhiu hating,  it’s game day , give it a rest eh  

11 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I think they play 352.

Don’t really see how 442 combats that.

Of course the theory is we get the ball wide and get crosses in for the big men but that can be difficult if you are getting bossed in centre midfield.

They are playing 4-3-3 today. Dropped Ayala and they’ve brought Johnson in the team. Still have the same problem tho - they have Clayton in defensive midfield with Wing and McNair also in midfield. Looks like we will be direct today.

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

The teachers pet comment was an exaggeration, don’t take everything you read on here so seriously. Luongo is a much better option than Hutch at the moment and you could see that with eyes painted on 

I said on FH in the week that Luongo had impressed against Everton and had or should have given Monk pause for thought 

Doesn’t mean that I think Hutch and/or Bannan have suddenly become bad players or that they keep their places by some mythical favouritism lark 

5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Absolutely no interest in getting involved with the Nuhiu hating,  it’s game day , give it a rest eh  

I'm far from a Nuhiu hater but I'll leave it at that Royal C

What's wrong with Bates and Thorniley they never make the team or even the match day squad, does Fox really bring more to the team than these two we are not building players for the future with giving any youth games.

this is not throwing youth in unprepared these are players that are good enough and will only get better. 

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

What's wrong with Bates and Thorniley they never make the team or even the match day squad, does Fox really bring more to the team than these two we are not building players for the future with giving any youth games.

this is not throwing youth in unprepared these are players that are good enough and will only get better. 

He does at Fullback what with being a Fullback and that 

17 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I think they play 352.

Of course the theory is we get the ball wide and get crosses in for the big men but that can be difficult if you are getting bossed in centre midfield.

Looks to me, they're playing 4-3-3.

Dijksteel - Fry - Shotton - Bola

-------------McNair-------------

--------Wing-----Clayton-------

Johnson-------------------Fletcher

------------Assombolonga-------

17 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I think they play 352.

Agree, but maybe we'll bypass midfield and look for longer balls into the channels behind their wing backs?

The key is making them play with a back 5, rather than a 3. Allow them to have the ball and drop deep as we have been and we're going to be overrun.

1 minute ago, frastheowl said:

Looks to me, they're playing 4-3-3.

Dijksteel - Fry - Shotton - Bola

-------------McNair-------------

--------Wing-----Clayton-------

Johnson-------------------Fletcher

------------Assombolonga-------

They are playing 4-3-3 - just mentioned it earlier in the thread. Clayton will be the anchor tho. 

We will be outnumbered in midfield. Think we will be direct today.