Tango

Guest Theboylangers

15 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Do we take our own stewards to away matches sometimes? Only, I was wondering if those who threw Tango out at Rotherham in the League Cup, were then near him again at s6 the next match, so he was having another go at them? And the 2 incidents being so close together, culminated in him getting banned.

Local clubs use same agency that supplies match day stewards so yes same stewards for those 2 games v Rotherham and QPR.

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Local clubs use same agency that supplies match day stewards so yes same stewards for those 2 games v Rotherham and QPR.

Thanks. I thought it was a big coincidence him being in the shiz 2 consecutive games. The stewards at Rotherham made a beeline for him imo & were just looking for a reason to get hold of him & throw him out. We all know he can be a big, daft get at times, but I believe he was targeted at Rotherham.

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

I'm sure if I stood up to watch the game and refused to sit down I'd be slung out by the stewards  ...when you buy a ticket it doesn't come with the warning that your view may be obstructed by a fat bloke standing in front of you .....hes brought this ban on himself as it seems hes had warnings previously .the club have enough on there plate with sag and syp so it's easy to see why they have taken action on such high profile figure .

As you are probably aware , everyone at away matches and in that area on the kop stands up. 

Targeting that one man as a means of making everyone else sit down is unfair. 

They never target me or anyone able as far as I can see. So I think you will be safe and won't need to worry that you will get targetted should you stand. . 

You  have a very conformist attitude I must say (like alot of posters on here).

Especially as alot of standing across the country is something that has been happening for years anyway and safe standing will be official pretty soon at most grounds 

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

As you are probably aware , everyone at away matches and in that area on the kop stands up. 

They never target me or anyone able as far as I can see. So I think you will be safe and won't need to worry that you will get targetted should you stand. . 

Especially as alot of standing across the country is something that has been happening for years anyway and safe standing will be official pretty soon at most grounds 

Again.

Do you think it's acceptable to shout sl@g at a female steward?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

Possibly a deserved ban but he was 100% targeted at Rotherham.

Chucked out for persistent standing while the rest of the away end is stood up, bit daft.

Surely anyone with half an ounce of sense would just keep a low profile and try to behave themselves, not give anyone an opportunity to throw you out of your home stadium only a few days after getting into trouble at Rotherham.

Wednesday are a lot of things but they know Tango is a famously dedicated fan. I seriously doubt they would issue him with a ban unless they had very good reason and after several attempts to avoid such a resolution. 

Ultimately without both sides of the argument we can't really form an opinion on whether the ban is punitive or not. 

I don't think it could be standing as every match there is a bloke in front of me, standing for 90 minutes, waving his arms about's and running back and forth following the players it is very annoying but he isn't harming anyone WTF:

See the source image

Edited by room0035
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Yes, calling a steward a 'slag' is bad but the punishment does in no way seem to fit the crime.

Youre right there because if he'd said that to my daughter he wouldn't have the option to stand at future games

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

Especially as alot of standing across the country is something that has been happening for years anyway and safe standing will be official pretty soon at most 

Nah it's nothing to with being conformist... if I stand up and refuse to sit down I'd be slung out  100% certain of that ......

I've never been told to sit down at any matches that we stand up at and get away with ,which is generally the norm at away games anyway ..

But if everyone's sat down its good manners to do the same ...

I also stand to the back if possible  so I've no small people to upset behind me .

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Nah it's nothing to with being conformist... if I stand up and refuse to sit down I'd be slung out  100% certain of that ......

If an entire stand was standing up, and a steward told you, and only you, to sit down, you'd sit down without any argument?

Come off it. 

I've no idea what he's said to a steward, and whether it's correct or not. That's a different kettle of fish.

But anybody who says they'd happily sit down if a steward targeted them specifically, for doing what 2,000 other people are doing, is either a complete walkover or talking rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, the twonreasons for his ban seem to be

1 Slagging young lady stewards who are doing the job they are paid to do.

We may think that some of the things are silly or officious, but are invariably made for our own safety. Standing in gangways is a danger to people who may need to get out in a hurry, and this could include having to evacuate the stadium quickly or in emergency.

Standing at the front should lead to ANYONE doing so being ejected. I have difficulty in standing, though I do not object to an would love to stand myself, but unfortunately, people who stand in a seated area , and at the front especially, cause problems for lesser able-bodied fans

2 the use of abusive language is neither clever nor wanted. Constant abuse becomes very off-putting to many fans who go for one main purpose - tonenjoy the bmatch.

Tango has been warned of this, and there is only ONE person to blame for this -Tango.

5 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I understand him chanting 'Slag' at a female steward was not his first offence. 
And from reading posts on here he was on some sort of final warning regarding his behaviour that had crossed over the line previously.

He wasn't just chanting "slag" at the steward, he was screaming every kind of obscene abuse for about twenty minutes, while other stewards and his friends near him were trying to calm him down. I was sat twenty yards from him, and could hear everything that he was shouting, and so could all the women and kids sat around.

It was totally indefensible.

• Like 1

Perhaps a 2 year ban is harsh, but it seems very much like he needed banning and putting in his place. 

Seems like his "super" fan status had gone to his head. 

Can't be hurling words like "slag" at a female steward. 

Just now, dumboldowl said:

He wasn't just chanting "slag" at the steward, he was screaming every kind of obscene abuse for about twenty minutes, while other stewards and his friends near him were trying to calm him down. I was sat twenty yards from him, and could hear everything that he was shouting, and so could all the women and kids sat around.

It was totally indefensible.

And if this is the case, then he only has himself to blame. 

Can't be behaving like that and expect to get away with it. 

If I behaved like that towards a steward, I'd be expecting to get kicked out and hit with some sort of punishment. 

I can't imagine being a steward at a football game is the greatest job i at the best of times, let alone when you are getting abused by some numpty. 

Just now, SiJ said:

And if this is the case, then he only has himself to blame. 

Can't be behaving like that and expect to get away with it. 

If I behaved like that towards a steward, I'd be expecting to get kicked out and hit with some sort of punishment. 

I can't imagine being a steward at a football game is the greatest job i at the best of times, let alone when you are getting abused by some numpty. 

It certainly is not a well paid job, but I have recently had the chance to say Thank You to the stewards for their helpfulness. IMO the regular stewards do an excellent job and can be very helpful, if treated correctly. As for being abused,mthink first , would you like anyone to speak to you as you are addressing them.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Wednesday are a lot of things but they know Tango is a famously dedicated fan. I seriously doubt they would issue him with a ban unless they had very good reason and after several attempts to avoid such a resolution. 

Ultimately without both sides of the argument we can't really form an opinion on whether the ban is punitive or not. 

I'm sure our club are greatful for his support and passion/commitment but at the end of the day he's an annoyance and every club has him marked. 

I'm sure it's been tolerated but when you verbally abuse a human being to the extent that is being suggested by eye witnesses the club has to act. 

It's a shame but only himself to blame.