Tango

Guest Theboylangers

4 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Glad the fatty has been banned, makes us look tacky and just sums the kops clientele up. Having to look at that hideous physique should be enough to ban him never mind the rest. 

The kop holds an awful lot of people who you have just tarred with that brush.

I personally have sat on all four sides of the ground, even had a season ticket in the leppings lane lower back in the day when you could. 

I find it's not the stand that is the problem per se, but my main issue is those who try to commentate the match to those around them.

Do you find yourself talking through the match to those around you?

17 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

I personally have sat on all four sides of the ground, even had a season ticket in the leppings lane lower back in the day when you could. 

I find it's not the stand that is the problem per se, but my main issue is those who try to commentate the match to those around them.

God no, can't stand people who feel the need to sit chatting when you don't know each other, rather sit in silence.

On 03/10/2019 at 20:23, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Johnny was very good with his head..

His forehead wasn't too bad either.

WTF:

Aye and his son was Man Citys Cool Cats hooligans top boy for a number of years. Maybe Tango should fight him on Hillsborough Park. Think I know which one would be feeling sore at the end.:Chansiri:

1 hour ago, Salmonbones said:

There seems to a new breed of fans the Sky generation, who talk absolute testicles imaging that they are the pundits discussing the game in great detail.  Always seem to be sat behind me. 

Some one should take the mothers and blow them away.

How is this thread still going?

the guy was abusive to a Steward at 2 separate matches who regardless of there gender (female) doesn't get paid enough to deal with that sh!t. 

He deserves his ban and should think long and hard about his future involvement with Wednesday as when you become a attraction for the wrong reasons that not good.

8 hours ago, Cockers said:

I am proud to be part of the Kop clientele, being a season ticket holder on there. The soul of SWFC is on the kop. EBRA and all that. I wonder what sums up us Kopites. I went to university, attained a profession, live comfortably, and yet someone seems to insult those who go on the kop. I sit where I used to stand (with no roof) because it's the nearest I'll ever get to Wednesdayism - being a Wednesdayite, standing amongst the brethren, listening to them, 

sharing their elation as well as desperation. The Kop is great - an "alp of humanity" I once read in a book on English football grounds. 

Nice to see such emotion and dedication in your post.  

I'm at the other end of the scale no qualifications worth mentioning, underwhelming "career" but never happier when sat in my seat in the south stand looking around our beautiful stadium, is there a better sight in football than seeing the North stand packed to capacity or the Kop bouncing? 

Who would think that paradise would be found in a corner of Sheffield.

Used to meet in my mates on the Kop "back in the day" top left hand corner looking down at the ground and the banter and the stories told brought such joy.

I have sat in all parts of the ground can't pick a favourite, amazing how you get to know the people around you discuss the merits of the game and players.  Every one a fan you neither care or worry about their politics or religion or their bloody view on Brexit.

Your right there is no stereotypical Wednesday fan, were from all backgrounds who cares what else you are, so long as you love the Wednesday. 

Edited by Mycroft
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Nice to see such emotion and dedication in your post.  

I'm at the other end of the scale no qualifications worth mentioning, underwhelming "career" but never happier when sat in my seat in the south stand looking around our beautiful stadium, is there a better sight in football than seeing the North stand packed to capacity or the Kop bouncing? 

Who would think that paradise would be found in a corner of Sheffield.

Used to meet in my mates on the Kop "back in the day" top left hand corner looking down at the ground and the banter and the stories told brought such joy.

I have sat in all parts of the ground can't pick a favourite, amazing how you get to know the people around you discuss the merits of the game and players.  Every one a fan you neither care or worry about their politics or religion or their bloody view on Brexit.

Your right there is no stereotypical Wednesday fan, were from all backgrounds who cares what else you are, so long as you love the Wednesday. 

The good old days of the kop . Used to love the surges when we were on the attack , the bonding and elation when we scored. Dont miss the cold wind and rain when we had no roof. Times change but the memories are still there.

Guest Bulgaria
12 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

We are all lighting a candle for you tonight ..

#pray for Sticky ....

lol

You mxxther fxxxxxxg cxxxt fxxk fxxxk.

Love sticky.

10 hours ago, Cockers said:

I am proud to be part of the Kop clientele, being a season ticket holder on there. The soul of SWFC is on the kop. EBRA and all that. I wonder what sums up us Kopites. I went to university, attained a profession, live comfortably, and yet someone seems to insult those who go on the kop. I sit where I used to stand (with no roof) because it's the nearest I'll ever get to Wednesdayism - being a Wednesdayite, standing amongst the brethren, listening to them, 

sharing their elation as well as desperation. The Kop is great - an "alp of humanity" I once read in a book on English football grounds. 

i agree, im a ST holder on the kop and i love it there. you get some proper characters, sometimes you just sit back and wonder why you sit in this seat as the big pi55ed up bloke behind you absolutely looses his poo at morgon foxs first mistake in game.

then other times like the play off semi final v brighton when everyone pulled together to make a wall of noise.

the kop to me is a weired but wonderfull place. i wouldnt have it any other way.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cockers said:

Hey, Cockers...yes, I've shifted but yes. UTO.

Guest Saracen7
On 03/10/2019 at 11:15, Hookowl said:

The half time I'm talking about there is no play going on.....................................because it's half time. lol

Exactly my point. Half-time isn't a problem, but Tango will stand up and parade around whilst the game is being played, right in front of wheelchair users and families who are sitting down, and stops them watching the match.