Promoted? By a Turkish barman.

On holiday in hot and sunny Turkey at present. (Holiday boast over).        Having a drink at the bar the barman noticed the badge on my T-Shirt and asked "which football team is that", Sheffield Wednesday I replied.  He looked a little puzzled at this, muttered "Sheffield Wednesday? - Sheffield Wednesday? .........Ahhh!  Sheffield Wednesday!        "England Champions League, yes?"       ENGLAND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!      Sounds so much better than the championship dunnit?lol

• Haha 8

That might have been my doing; i'm slowly trying to convert 17 million Istanbulites into Wednesdayites. One district at a time! Teaching english makes it easier - first lesson: "Ok class, lets make a sentence with 'We're all.... Aren't we" multiple choice a: Wednesday b: Wednesday or c: Wednesday (for business english i add a fourth option d: unable to mention Wednesday due to trademarking laws and impending legal action") WTF:

Edited by alcock dived
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

On holiday in hot and sunny Turkey at present. (Holiday boast over).        Having a drink at the bar the barman noticed the badge on my T-Shirt and asked "which football team is that", Sheffield Wednesday I replied.  He looked a little puzzled at this, muttered "Sheffield Wednesday? - Sheffield Wednesday? .........Ahhh!  Sheffield Wednesday!        "England Champions League, yes?"       ENGLAND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!      Sounds so much better than the championship dunnit?lol

I'm going to Turkey during next international break, I'll make sure I wear my Wednesday shirts when I go in this bar. 

I'm not sure how big Turkey is. lol

Edited by bradowl

12 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I'm going to Turkey during next international break, I'll make sure I wear my Wednesday shirts when I go in this bar. 

I'm not sure how big Turkey is. lol

It's BIG!

About three times the size of England, so the chances of you picking the same bar is pretty remote.:rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

It's BIG!

About three times the size of England, so the chances of you picking the same bar is pretty remote.:rolleyes:

Never been before, I always thought Turkey was a bird we eat at Christmas, :biggrin: staying at a place called Altinkum if this helps.