What do we need ?

Crikey, only just spotted this. Right, where shall I start, the back four isn’t doing too badly, but yes, we could do with a new left back to compete with Fox. Not that Palmer isn’t doing a decent job, he is, but he is wasted there as he is the best right back at the club.  Odubajo will hopefully improve, and can act as back up to Palmer. Haven’t yet seen Iorfa at centre back, but I believe he’s done OK He’s certainly no right back though. 

Midfield, maybe we can do with another in there, but three from Bannan, Lee, Hutchinson and Luongo, should be OK.

With the OP’s original post in mind, the only way we can push on to a promotion spot, will be to upgrade the forwards Yes we have the numbers, but they’re all a bit League 1ish

9 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Lee back to rightful place at right back would be a big start.

Then a Red Bull take over cos Chansiri's clearly had enough with major funding (see Hector mess and no major upgrade on training facilities).

With the FFP restrictions I'd say that is anything but clear.

19 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Lee back to rightful place at right back would be a big start.

Then a Red Bull take over cos Chansiri's clearly had enough with major funding (see Hector mess and no major upgrade on training facilities).

Lee back to RB? is this a joke lol??? Dont you think thats kind of like Everton managing to sign Pogba and then putting him at Rb because hes better than the current RB..

Lets keep Lee wheres he plays best, in midfield lol

Edited by keepitsteel89

if we mean challenging for promotion then I think that we are a long way away.

Really rate Palmer, very consistent now but the rest of the full backs whilst having good games aren't good enough in my opinion. The midfield lacks balance and has zero goal threat. Harris looks good but not convinced. by any of our other wingers. If Fletcher gets injured then I don't think that we have enough quality up front. Whilst others could fill in, if they have to play say 8 games due to injury to Fletcher then they aren't going to be enough, 

I think that we need more additions and to give Monk time to do that.