DiCanio shove - on this day in 1998

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Correct.

The shameful way DiCanio was treated by the brown nosing Richards, was the catalyst for our future demise.

We have had this debate on here a 1000 times before.
But I don't think our treatment of Di Canio was shameful at all. He had plenty of previous form for walking out on clubs and we were just another club he did it to.
But agree it was the beginning of our demise.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Greengrass said:

Just remember the chant of "The Wednesday hate f&&kin Arsenal " going on for ages. Some right scenes when Briscoe scored.

I remember completely losing my poo when that goal went it. Completely and utterly went beserk. It was such an intense atmosphere, and that was such a release. Disco Briscoe. Good times.

49 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

We have had this debate on here a 1000 times before.
But I don't think our treatment of Di Canio was shameful at all. He had plenty of previous form for walking out on clubs and we were just another club he did it to.
But agree it was the beginning of our demise.

Contrast our treatment of DiCanio to that of Manchester Uniteds treatment of Eric Cantona.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Contrast our treatment of DiCanio to that of Manchester Uniteds treatment of Eric Cantona.

I knew some one would say that. Walking out on Man U and walking out on Wednesday are two different things.
Di Canio walked out as he thought he was above Wednesday (He joined Wednesday after walking out on Celtic, who he joined after falling out with Milan, who he joined after falling out with Juventus, who he joined after falling out with Napoli).

• Thanks 1