Got to be in London for the Cardiff match, does the pub still attract a decent audience. 

Move if necessary. 

Only been a few times myself over the years, most recent was Leeds last season. Each time it’s been full of Wednesdayites.

• Agree 1

Oddly I've been in there twice in the last couple of months for totally unrelated reasons. Never been before, and now there's a thread about it.. how very strange..

9 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Oddly I've been in there twice in the last couple of months for totally unrelated reasons. Never been before, and now there's a thread about it.. how very strange..

. Back in the day it used to be something of a meeting point, had a good couple of pints in there for the play off final. Always try and get in there on a London away day. 

30 minutes ago, JackSWFC said:

Only been a few times myself over the years, most recent was Leeds last season. Each time it’s been full of Wednesdayites.

Good it's still going then. 

37 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Whose Mable?

Mrs Thorpe

• Haha 8

Have a great time in London UTO. 

Was there for Huddersfield game, about thirty Wednesday (spread out)

big games attract a big crowd - small games less so (obviously) but there's usually a few shirts kicking around. Went with my parents for the game against Huddersfield and had a nice bit of lunch (as a treat for me mum) and watched the game (as a treat for me!) 

The only complaint is the coffee machine hasn't worked for months - but they let you go to Pret and buy hot drinks from there and drink them inside. 

I think the bar manager lass has worked out that its an important pub for Wednesday fans - for a while she kept putting the "other" game on half the TVs - WTF LOVE!

On 25/09/2019 at 18:38, peacock1961 said:

Got to be in London for the Cardiff match, does the pub still attract a decent audience. 

Move if necessary. 

Mabel Tavern, Bloomsbury? I'll be in the smoke that day. 

It's the London Owls' designated pub for Sky games, and the pub will always put the Wednesday game on over other matches. Few minutes walk from St P and KX, and also a short walk from Euston.

Edited by Offside_Owl
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, andytrig said:

Do they still serve Oranjeboom on draught? 

They did last time I was in, which was around July