Luongo

2 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

Man of match for me. Strong in the tackle, covered a lot of ground and tried to get forward when he could. I’d start him on Saturday 

You watched a different game to me.  He was totally anonymous for 80 minutes.  I was sat thinking I can see why he's not been picked.

5 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

You watched a different game to me.  He was totally anonymous for 80 minutes.  I was sat thinking I can see why he's not been picked.

i agree with you   he did a couple of things 2 tasty tackles but when given a chance he snatched a shot well wide can hardly remember anything else 

as others say difficult to assess in a flat match 

Could barely tell Luongo and Joey apart for most of the game.

Both barely got into the game in the first half,  we played the same tactics as last two games with those two sat protecting the back four.

Both got better in the second,  but looking at this neither Sam or Barry need to worry too much.  Not writing him off, Luongo looks the more technical player

and will come good,  maybe start him instead of Kieran with Sam and Barry at the Boro game Saturday.

2 hours ago, Themagiccap said:

Man of match for me. Strong in the tackle, covered a lot of ground and tried to get forward when he could. I’d start him on Saturday 

Wouldn't go as far as MOTM or starting next game, but liked the look of him again. Won plenty of tackles in the midfield but probably didn't create as much as he would have hoped

Edited by smhouston

with such differing opinions  it's obvious unless you had a player cam view of everything he did  it's hard to be definitive especially in that match last night 

i would like to see him start in a league match and see if he can contribute  I want him to be the player we need  but in all honesty we haven't seen enough of him to know

2 hours ago, fpowl said:

Thought pelupessy was our better of the two 

2 hours ago, Doctor Duran said:

Could barely tell Luongo and Joey apart for most of the game.

I thought Joey was much better too, covered more ground and looked much more mobile and stronger but then I read some of the Luongo MOTM comments and Howson & Biggs tweeting that they were impressed. I'm sure that even though they were difficult to tell apart that I managed it OK, maybe others did not?