SAG/SYP: Get a grip

16 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I was at the ground at 6:30 on leppings lane and I was wanting to go down to the Wednesday tap. I was told by some jobsworth to turn back and go right around and over the bridge to access the south stand. Completely bonkers. 

I suppose if you ignored orders from your employers they’d be happy to carry on employing you?

These people who without them the game wouldn’t go ahead with fans in attendance are abused both verbally and sometimes physically for just doing what they have been ask to all for minimum wage.

I suggest if you have a gripe why not write to the club and Sheffield Council who are imposing these measures instead of taking it out on some poor steward.

1 minute ago, owl-zat said:

I suppose if you ignored orders from your employers they’d be happy to carry on employing you?

These people who without them the game wouldn’t go ahead with fans in attendance are abused both verbally and sometimes physically for just doing what they have been ask to all for minimum wage.

I suggest if you have a gripe why not write to the club and Sheffield Council who are imposing these measures instead of taking it out on some poor steward.

And there lies the beauty of being a faceless bureaucratic mindless t@@t . Invent moronic over zealous rules that cause more problems than they solve , get some poor f@@@@r to take all the grief for minimal wages and if they help anyone out by letting them go , as they also see how stupid it is , and they are seen or anything happens then they get nailed to the wall by the powers that be . All the while you can sit back knowing your rules wont cause you personally any trouble at all . 

• Like 1

Before arriving, I’d broken both my legs and my neck, and kindly requested they let me through the gates, to get to the South Stand from Leppings Lane instead of having to go the long way around.

They refused to let me so I had to crawl around via a circuitous route. Worse still, my bag of chips from the chippy were cold by the time I got there.

• Haha 4

On 25/09/2019 at 08:22, thewookieisdown said:

Memories of the horror of last night will live with me for a long time.

I thought that the authorities had it sorted. No away drinking nearer than Stockport. No pay turnstiles. Close half the entrances and exits. I thought I could undertake the deadly peril of a last 32 league game against Everton protected by competent caring authorities.

Not so.

I can hardly bring myself to write this. I got to S6 early and went for some fish and chips.

There were Everton fans in the chip shop queue. Freely mingling. Even talking to our fans. Not a copper in sight, let along the horses, riot shields, and tasers we needed.

Fans mixing. In a chip shop.

I left before it all kicked off. I imagine the burns unit at the Northern is rammed today.

There can be no justification at all for risking the serving of hot food in unsegregated areas within 100 miles of Hillsborough in the 48 hours before and after a home game.

When oh when will they get a grip?

It gets worse, i saw a few of there fans drinking in the Pheasant at the bottom of Fox Hill before the game. Could have been world war 3 in there. Absolute disgrace. 

FFS.

1 hour ago, Brommers said:

It gets worse, i saw a few of there fans drinking in the Pheasant at the bottom of Fox Hill before the game. Could have been world war 3 in there. Absolute disgrace. 

FFS.

What i find more disturbing is the fact that people actually went in that pub. 

• Haha 4

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 07:35, Bouncing Owl said:

I was at the ground at 6:30 on leppings lane and I was wanting to go down to the Wednesday tap. I was told by some jobsworth to turn back and go right around and over the bridge to access the south stand. Completely bonkers. 

Had the same problem Saturday !!!

We walk past that chippy every home match about 5-10 minutes before kick off.

Up until this loony restriction was put in place they would be queing outside as we passed and we always wondered what time they would get in the ground.

You go past now and there are just a couple in there which must be hitting their turnover as they only open 3 days and match days.

Another (small) victory for our councillors.

• Like 1

It all seems an unholy mess. Was it a different security firm doing the match Tuesday? Different stewards at end of turnstiles, different stewards outside the ground. In fact one steward outside came leaping across 2 rows of people queuing to get in the north stand, to tell me he needed my bottle top off my bottle of water i was taking in. I just gave it him as couldn't be bothered to argue, but thinking about it, if i bought a bottle of pop inside the stadium, i think the last time i was given the top, even worse you definitely can get coffee lids, they are out to anyone who comes walking past. If i get enough wind speed and effort i reckon i can just about land one on the pitch from 30 rows back on the north. I just thought it was funny to be fair but you can see why people make jokes about all this because they really don't know what they are doing sometimes. Just go back to the way it was and make a proper plan with improvements over time, not panic and knee jerk reactions, oh hold on it's 2019, that's all that seems to happen.

2 hours ago, tarn owl said:

It all seems an unholy mess. Was it a different security firm doing the match Tuesday? Different stewards at end of turnstiles, different stewards outside the ground. In fact one steward outside came leaping across 2 rows of people queuing to get in the north stand, to tell me he needed my bottle top off my bottle of water i was taking in. I just gave it him as couldn't be bothered to argue, but thinking about it, if i bought a bottle of pop inside the stadium, i think the last time i was given the top, even worse you definitely can get coffee lids, they are out to anyone who comes walking past. If i get enough wind speed and effort i reckon i can just about land one on the pitch from 30 rows back on the north. I just thought it was funny to be fair but you can see why people make jokes about all this because they really don't know what they are doing sometimes. Just go back to the way it was and make a proper plan with improvements over time, not panic and knee jerk reactions, oh hold on it's 2019, that's all that seems to happen.

The old pop bottle rule always makes me laugh. I take a bottle in every game stuffed in my pocket and have never been stopped and had the lid taken off me. Could be a hand grenade stuffed down there for all they know.

My cousin's lad goes one better. He takes the lid off just before the turnstiles and puts it in his pocket, walks through with the bottle in his hand and puts the lid back on once he's in the ground. Genius.

Edited by Brammy
Missed sentence.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Brammy said:

The old pop bottle rule always makes me laugh. I take a bottle in every game stuffed in my pocket and have never been stopped and had the lid taken off me. Could be a hand grenade stuffed down there for all they know.

My cousin's lad goes one better. He takes the lid off just before the turnstiles and puts it in his pocket, walks through with the bottle in his hand and puts the lid back on once he's in the ground. Genius.

Great idea. I'll make sure it's not a bottle of Tango either. :ph34r:

16 hours ago, cross owl said:

And there lies the beauty of being a faceless bureaucratic mindless t@@t . Invent moronic over zealous rules that cause more problems than they solve , get some poor f@@@@r to take all the grief for minimal wages and if they help anyone out by letting them go , as they also see how stupid it is , and they are seen or anything happens then they get nailed to the wall by the powers that be . All the while you can sit back knowing your rules wont cause you personally any trouble at all . 

They had shut the gate.

So even if he did ignore and walked past he would have to turn around anyway.

Then the walk back with egg on your face past a happy 'jobsworth'.

54 minutes ago, Brammy said:

At Wembley we hid bottle caps in our socks.

No one every looks at or checks your feet do they?

5 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

We walk past that chippy every home match about 5-10 minutes before kick off.

Up until this loony restriction was put in place they would be queing outside as we passed and we always wondered what time they would get in the ground.

You go past now and there are just a couple in there which must be hitting their turnover as they only open 3 days and match days.

Another (small) victory for our councillors.

your right about the chippy once its 230pm there is hardly anyone in now,before there still would be a big que of at least 20 standing outside , I guess with no1 allowed to walk from opposite direction on leppings lane and a lot will just avoid coming that way with all the restrictions . other business`s on leppings lane must also have taken a big hit on there takings .

3 hours ago, Brammy said:

my lad is even cleverer he keeps a spare lid in his pocket for either a home or away game and slips it back on when they have nabbed his bottle top , no way am I paying them £2.50-£3 for a small bottle of pop and then they take the lid away.  I very rarely eat or drink anything in a ground at 1000% mark up prices ,an odd pint at an away game if time or if its minus 10 a Bovril to warm me up.