Jordan Rhodes

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

True he was, but you could see he wasn’t really championship quality We would struggle to get our money back on Winnall

i still think we haven’t had the chance to fully conclude how good Winnall is. His scoring record, Wednesday aside, is pretty impressive averaging just under a goal every 2 games for Scunthorpe, Barnsley and Derby. For the money we paid I still think it was a smart buy and I reckon we’re yet to see the best of him. 

As for Rhodes we simply hugely overpaid for a player who was already showing signs of being on the wane.

Rhodes on the wane. From what I have seen of him he is looking at wane in the rear view mirror.

If I am honest it is quite sad to watch a player who is a shadow of his former self, second to the ball, can't head and gets knocked over like he 3 stone wet through. 

Can't believe he is on the wage he is. Quite literally burning money.

Can we utilise him in the same way Norwich did? Yes, he can’t be trusted to start, and isn’t going to press or close down, but I suspect, even in his diminished state, he still represents our best chance of a late goal from the bench. We have Nuhiu and Forestieri to offer something different, but Rhodes for the last ten minutes or so, when we need a goal? It is sad to have to think of him in such terms, but if we can’t sell him, is there a way he can contribute? 

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Can we utilise him in the same way Norwich did? Yes, he can’t be trusted to start, and isn’t going to press or close down, but I suspect, even in his diminished state, he still represents our best chance of a late goal from the bench. We have Nuhiu and Forestieri to offer something different, but Rhodes for the last ten minutes or so, when we need a goal? It is sad to have to think of him in such terms, but if we can’t sell him, is there a way he can contribute? 

He’s rightly behind all the other forwards because he lacks any impact at all 

The only way he will get a chance now is due to injuries 

57 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Whens the last time he came on for us as a sub and make an assist or scored a goal. Or even trouble opposition defenders. I would love to believe he is a good option off the bench but he ain't. 

Came on tonight - anonymous - he’s finished.

get him off the books for gods sake.

it makes me sad watching him chase round like a dog looking for his favourite toy. 

If Rhodes had been bought for half a mil from league one, he would be rotting in the reserves by now and righly so.

He's had more than the benefit of the doubt and proven he can't perform at this level any more.

Nothing against the guy personally but it is not fair to give him minutes ahead of any of our other strikers now in the vain hope that he will suddenly come good after nearly three years of nothing