Jordan Rhodes

15 hours ago, torres said:

I would say for the club of our size we are one of the most unforgiving fan bases ever. 

Rhodes can have no qualms about the support he’s received from us to say he’s been abject from the moment he turned up 

Once Coco got his hands on him its been a slippery slope ever since.

I think he has to leave to save his career because he has been written off here and its in no ones best interest to drag this out.

4 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Once Coco got his hands on him its been a slippery slope ever since.

I think he has to leave to save his career because he has been written off here and its in no ones best interest to drag this out.

He wan't very good long before we stupidly signed him 

Just now, torres said:

He wan't very good long before we stupidly signed him 

He stopped being good when he went to Boro, he has always played at his best under an English manager in a 442 set up, even at Boro he managed 1 in 4 if my memory serves.

Coco went on record saying he was getting him to change his game and that was a massive mistake, Rhodes is a one trick pony, what he does he does fantastically well.

Sadly its just not worked for him here and its a crying shame because he is the best at what he does but what he does doesn't fit in to our system.

Just now, Blue and white said:

He stopped being good when he went to Boro, he has always played at his best under an English manager in a 442 set up, even at Boro he managed 1 in 4 if my memory serves.

Coco went on record saying he was getting him to change his game and that was a massive mistake, Rhodes is a one trick pony, what he does he does fantastically well.

Sadly its just not worked for him here and its a crying shame because he is the best at what he does but what he does doesn't fit in to our system.

The game changed - he didn't/couldn't 

The worst bit of transfer business in our history 

On 24/09/2019 at 22:28, wilyfox said:

It's sad. At this rate, he won't be remembered for his record at Blackburn & Huddersfield. He'll be mocked for losing his edge completely and becoming a total has-been at 27 - which is bizarre, because his game never involved pace. Didn't have it to lose. There's no obvious reason why he's become so toothless at his age. His fire's just gone out. 

Game has moved on , quicker, stronger, fitter players ....Rhodes hasn't !

• Like 1

Just now, Blue and white said:

Hardly the worse bit of business in our history, there have been far far worse, sadly a very expensive mistake and a shame for all concerned.

I don't know many of £10m with huge wages 

We are still paying for it now sadly

2 minutes ago, torres said:

I don't know many of £10m with huge wages 

We are still paying for it now sadly

Did he actually cost 10m, its changes from person to person and is anything from 6-12m depending on who you ask.

3 minutes ago, Watto said:

Name a few then ?

Abdi is the obvious one, but if you look back into the not to distant past you'll find gems like Bothroyd, Francis Jeffers to name but a very few.

5 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Did he actually cost 10m, its changes from person to person and is anything from 6-12m depending on who you ask.

Abdi is the obvious one, but if you look back into the not to distant past you'll find gems like Bothroyd, Francis Jeffers to name but a very few.

Jeffers cost 750k and Bothroyd was on loan 

7 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I'll give you Abdi, not sure wages were on par with Rhodes and his fee was about £3M I think , bothroyd I didn't think was here that long and not sure he was a big fee.

seems completely lost now both on and off field - ran around like he was thinking 'i need to try' but knocked off ball so easy and I could have been in Premiership with Norwich 

poor form

dad leaves 

goes on loan for season

promise shown this pre-season,  was he 'showing' up for perm move to Norwich?

Bruce and Agnew (who I believe is his he uncle) leave 

Doesn't make starting 11 under Bullen and more recently the 18 under Monk

Even the shirt number (granted Fletcher also wore or was given 6 previously) seems odd ( I'm not a number 6 Rhodes 'record' would say)

That ridiculous free transfer offer Norwich made now doesn't seem so ridiculous!

Or maybe more so was DC holding for £7 million as reports said 

SWFC and Rhodes not doing anybody any good now, needs to go in January for nowt, danger it becoming, albeit for different reasons another 'Abdi /McGugan' esque ' type thingy 

What a crazy situation.

Our all time record signing and one of the most prolific scorers at this level in 20 years. And he has been absolutely hopeless! I am not sure what or who is a disgrace but to be on the safe side, everyone ever including Jordan Rhodes is a disgrace. 

You all seem to forget, that the 15 million spunked on the unfortunate JR (inc wages) is 100% your fault.

You asked  for him. The Chairman delivered.

Fair play to him and his son.

Anyone moaning about the most expensive ticket prices in the country needs to take a step back and apologise.

You put us in 2 years of transfer embargos, not the Chairman and his son.

Ps. Paxo was on holiday when the JR fiasco happened, so no good blaming him.

• Haha 2

Should have let him go on a free transfer in the summer,  instead we are stuck paying massive wages to someone who can barely make the matchday squad.

I'd be very suprised if we ever saw anything more than a token £0.5k for him .

More likely he'll stay , pick up his fortune in wages and run his contract down. 

On 26/09/2019 at 11:44, Blue and white said:

Goal every 190 minutes at Boro. Same as the rest of his Championship career.

He’s only failed to score at this rate at one club. Ours.

2 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Should have let him go on a free transfer in the summer,  instead we are stuck paying massive wages to someone who can barely make the matchday squad.

I'd be very suprised if we ever saw anything more than a token £0.5k for him .

More likely he'll stay , pick up his fortune in wages and run his contract down. 

You do realise for us to give him a free transfer we’d be obliged to pay the remainder of his contract?

He may as well stay here and play if and when needed

His attitude still appears to be professional unlike Abdi so we may as well have him around the squad. We will need him when injuries start