Jordan Rhodes

12 hours ago, Highbury Owl said:

Yes, but that isn't the topic of this thread.

With Rhodes in the team we have no chance of being in the play offs.

He was good five years ago or more. (Like a few others in our squad.)

you could say that about any of our players if the truth be told 

The fans at Hillsbrough can be pretty unforgiving

The pressure has got to him and it looks like he's taken it very personally at some point.

As a club we got behind him for a while when he first arrived but many seem to have lost patience.  

Nothing has sparked his goal scoring back to life and i'm not sure it will ever do.

It was against a Premiership defense on a sh@t rainy night.

I trust Monk to do the right thing.

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Was more of a comment towards his Performance/attitude based on his Swfc careers as a whole to be honest 

hardly venom 

OK you were talking about a game in 2017 or something?

I assumed as he'd played last night that last nights comment was about last night's performance. 

5 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

The fans at Hillsbrough can be pretty unforgiving

The pressure has got to him and it looks like he's taken it very personally at some point.

As a club we got behind him for a while when he first arrived but many seem to have lost patience.  

Nothing has sparked his goal scoring back to life and i'm not sure it will ever do.

It was against a Premiership defense on a sh@t rainy night.

I trust Monk to do the right thing.

Are Sheffield Wednesday fans more unforgiving than other clubs? Apart from odd grumble I don't think our fans are that bad.
Would say most clubs fans are the same. 
Part of being a very highly paid player is to be able to not let criticism affect your performance.

32 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Are Sheffield Wednesday fans more unforgiving than other clubs? Apart from odd grumble I don't think our fans are that bad.
Part of being a very highly paid player is to be able to not let criticism affect your performance.

Think it's called stress/confidence and how to deal with it. Not limited to highly paid footballers. 

Guest Grez Bez
1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

You are absolutely obsessed with players wages. 

14 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

While ever he is a Wednesday player he should get out support

Totally agree, i wish the people on the Adam Reach thread would listen to this sentiment. Abuse will get us nowhere.

I think Nuhiu, Winnall and Rhodes all took a step forward last night, made me feel a lot more comfortable about if Fletch did have to miss a game or two. If Winnall and maybe even Rhodes got a run of games they may come good.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Totally agree, i wish the people on the Adam Reach thread would listen to this sentiment. Abuse will get us nowhere.

I think Nuhiu, Winnall and Rhodes all took a step forward last night, made me feel a lot more comfortable about if Fletch did have to miss a game or two. If Winnall and maybe even Rhodes got a run of games they may come good.

not sure about that mate  winall missed 2 /3 glorious chances for a striker rhodes didn't get a chance and nuhiu whom i constantly praise did virtually nothing other than being unfairly adjudged to foul everyone he challenged 

If winall and rhodes get a run they may show form but I'm seriously doubting it now 

2 hours ago, davetherivelinowl said:

I read recently about Michael Owen turning out for Newcastle when he knew he couldn't do what he used to do and he had a terrible time adjusting mentally. That seems to be how JR is. He looks like someone who desperately needs a hug.

I'll always give him my support but in his half an hour last night he did nothing to sway my opinion that he's a spent force. 

I'm thinking there's a few problems ith him mentally to be honest

He's a confidence player he needs everything to be going well and the environment to be to his liking.

He also seems a quiet unassuming lad and very down n to earth.

We've quite a few, not just Rhodes that are in a way very similar. 

Reach and Fox are prime examples, not mentally tough enough, they make a mistake or two, the confidence drops like a stone and they either dissappear or become a bit of a liability on the pitch. 

It's alright signing good players, but they also need a good strong attitude, joao could also be in that bracket too. 

19 minutes ago, steelowl said:

not sure about that mate  winall missed 2 /3 glorious chances for a striker rhodes didn't get a chance and nuhiu whom i constantly praise did virtually nothing other than being unfairly adjudged to foul everyone he challenged 

If winall and rhodes get a run they may show form but I'm seriously doubting it now 

Well i did say MAY come good. We don't know, If Fletch went down we would have no other option than to play them. Of course i would prefer to have top class strikers at all levels of the club, but that is unrealistic. For back up strikers they have potential, i think Rhodes is at the back of the pecking order if Fletch went down and Nuhiu and Winnall are probably tied at the top. But Fletch is ahead of them all currently by a distance. Against the opposition i thought they applied themselves well and we had a lot more chances than i thought we would have. If Winnall keeps getting into those positions he'll score some goals this season, which is what we need.

15 hours ago, wilyfox said:

It's sad. At this rate, he won't be remembered for his record at Blackburn & Huddersfield. He'll be mocked for losing his edge completely and becoming a total has-been at 27 - which is bizarre, because his game never involved pace. Didn't have it to lose. There's no obvious reason why he's become so toothless at his age. His fire's just gone out. 

Not entirely true 

he did have pace - that fourth goal for Huddersfield against us he burned Reda

8 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I would say for the club of our size we are one of the most unforgiving fan bases ever. 

Rhodes can have no qualms about the support he’s received from us to say he’s been abject from the moment he turned up