Jordan Rhodes

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Venom ?      Hardly !  The bloke doesn’t want to be here but he’s maintaining professionalism , what have I said that’s ‘venomous’ !? 

You were criticising his performance/attitude based on your own preconception/BBC text. 

Take a step back and consider that. 

29 minutes ago, bobness said:

Or maybe he would've missed them even worse!

article-2195668-14C0F4CC000005DC-753_1024x615_large.thumb.jpg.6264bf1e91a42153f09f1b9c482551a7.jpg

Breaking news:

Amateur astronomy buff Jordan Rhodes, 29, from Sheffield, has become the first person on planet earth to successfully land a football on Mars. He said of his achievement "I was aiming for the bottom corner"

5 hours ago, LSOwls said:

He wasn't that bad tonight, held the ball up ok. Certainly no worse than Winnall or Nuhiu.

I don't know what his role is and I don't think he does either. Looks like he's trying to be a striker who holds the ball but is that his game?

Nuhiu playe decent tonight 

Guest Grez Bez
2 hours ago, dan1980 said:

Nuhiu playe decent tonight 

Yeah he was fine in parts but is far more effective from the bench. We were so much better with Fletcher leading the line...

9 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

The only reason he doesn't want to be here is because he knows we no longer want him here.

he can now never be the player we wanted for so many years - when we finally got him he's not used properly left out and half the player and loses confidence

add to that another fresh loan start at Norwich where he felt at home and imo that's where his head is now

some moves dont work  his to us has been a classic case for a few reasons 

as someone says, Rhodes loks like he doesn't want to be here, and  'I've SEEN him on the Radio,n and on the text threads'

His current form aside, were I Rhodes, I wouldn't want to be here either!

As soon as he steps onto the field, to many he's useless.

I can only thank the Lord that it has not been my good fortune to play for SW. 

I think the team did the best they could last night against decent opposition. Our players are not as good as their players and we didn't look as though they had played together before.

Monk having a look at fringe players was also good. Rhodes and Winnall will both score goals in the right system and at the right level. Nuhiu showed again tonight why he's a last 15-20 minutes type of player. Dawson, Murphy, Fox and Pelupessy were ok but not starters. Luongo should have earned a place now ahead of Hutchinson (I love Hutch but Luongo offers us more and is more positive). Reach hasn't shown up for several weeks and looks out of sorts. Thorniley looked competent. Odubajo & Iorfa looked pretty good. Monk will now know what he's got and where we are weak.

We had really great chances last night and it should have ended 3-3...that isn't bad against a team full of internationals and a World Cup winner.

10 hours ago, Highbury Owl said:

Yes, but that isn't the topic of this thread.

With Rhodes in the team we have no chance of being in the play offs.

He was good five years ago or more. (Like a few others in our squad.)

With the quartet of strikers currently available to us we have no chance of being in the play offs; it won't be just Rhodes fault.

9 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

You were criticising his performance/attitude based on your own preconception/BBC text. 

Take a step back and consider that. 

Was more of a comment towards his Performance/attitude based on his Swfc careers as a whole to be honest 

hardly venom 

I read recently about Michael Owen turning out for Newcastle when he knew he couldn't do what he used to do and he had a terrible time adjusting mentally. That seems to be how JR is. He looks like someone who desperately needs a hug.

I'll always give him my support but in his half an hour last night he did nothing to sway my opinion that he's a spent force.