Jordan Rhodes

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Rhodes doesn’t wanna be here, hasn’t wanted to be here for a long time , and it shows 

not saying it’s an excuse

How did that show tonight exactly? He worked hard for the team when he came on. 

People look at his price tag and expect him to be a machine every time he comes on to the field. At the end of the day, we overpaid for him. That’s not his fault, it’s ours. 

Just don’t see the point in a thread criticising him every time he doesn’t score. Yes he cost a lot of money, so what. Treat him like any other player in the squad. 

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Rhodes doesn’t wanna be here, hasn’t wanted to be here for a long time , and it shows 

not saying it’s an excuse

How does it 'show'? 

If I'm not mistaken it's first game he's played and he was one of last off the pitch. 

Where you there? 

I'm sure he said to the number board guy 'give us your address and I'll send your lad my boots'

Because he's a proper decent fella. 

But he was dog wee, and  we offered less when he came on.

Edited by Anus

11 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

Hes earned his money now with 3 massive contracts in a row.

Of course, but most players are still motivated to wanna succeed on the pitch. For a player of his his goalscoring record to find himself washed up at 27 is weird. 

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bloke had 20 minutes for crying out loud. We expect him to come on and bang in four goals and turn the game on its head? We created nothing for him. I actually thought he did ok when he came on. We were 2-0 down chasing the game against a Prem side. Yet we see another thread bashing the lad.

What about Winnall who missed two golden chances? A free header and a one on one. If that was Rhodes he’d be getting so much grief. 

This! 100% agree. 

In the 20mins he had tonight he didn’t get one chance but at least showed some fight and effort and won a few headers. 

Some people aren’t happy and it’s as if they can’t wait to bash him.

He should be given a run of games next to Fletcher and see what happens. 

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Of course, but most players are still motivated to wanna succeed on the pitch. For a player of his his goalscoring record to find himself washed up at 27 is weird. 

I like the subliminal way you deliberately get his age wrong in every post. :duntmatter:

8 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

How does it 'show'? 

If I'm not mistaken it's first game he's played and he was one of last off the pitch. 

Where you there? 

No I weren’t, I just don’t think his mind is on his football here , for me he’s never looked like he’s enjoyed it here like he did at Norwich last year for example and I just think it shows in his performances when he has been given a run, not doubting his professionalism and I don’t think you become a bad player overnight or deserve to be written off like many have with him 

He’s a brilliant bloke, great with the young fans and take my hat off to him for that 

5 minutes ago, S61 Owl said:

This! 100% agree. 

In the 20mins he had tonight he didn’t get one chance but at least showed some fight and effort and won a few headers. 

Some people aren’t happy and it’s as if they can’t wait to bash him.

He should be given a run of games next to Fletcher and see what happens. 

Agree with you. Some people can’t wait to come on here and criticise him. 

20 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

How did that show tonight exactly? He worked hard for the team when he came on. 

People look at his price tag and expect him to be a machine every time he comes on to the field. At the end of the day, we overpaid for him. That’s not his fault, it’s ours. 

Just don’t see the point in a thread criticising him every time he doesn’t score. Yes he cost a lot of money, so what. Treat him like any other player in the squad. 

Excellent post. 100% agree. 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

No I weren’t, I just don’t think his mind is on his football here , for me he’s never looked like he’s enjoyed it here like he did at Norwich last year for example and I just think it shows in his performances when he has been given a run, not doubting his professionalism and I don’t think you become a bad player overnight or deserve to be written off like many have with him 

He’s a brilliant bloke, great with the young fans and take my hat off to him for that 

So you base you're venom towards him from BBC text commentary? 

OK. I'm out. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, oz_owl said:

I like the subliminal way you deliberately get his age wrong in every post. :duntmatter:

It's not wrong. He hasn't just lost it. He's been dud for 2 years+

Edited by wilyfox

Guest Grez Bez

He wasn't that bad tonight, held the ball up ok. Certainly no worse than Winnall or Nuhiu.

I don't know what his role is and I don't think he does either. Looks like he's trying to be a striker who holds the ball but is that his game?

19 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

So you base you're venom towards him from BBC text commentary? 

OK. I'm out. 

Venom ?      Hardly !  The bloke doesn’t want to be here but he’s maintaining professionalism , what have I said that’s ‘venomous’ !?