Jordan Rhodes

31 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If he was suffering from mental health problems then he has my sympathy but you are just assuming that?

It seems self evident, doesn't it?

He didn't want to take a pen.

Why would he not want to take a pen?

It's not to do wrong to the club.

32 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Jordan Rhodes a totally uninterested ,Got loads of money in the bank ,Waste of space ,How many more people will try to defend him ?.He is not bothered about Sheffield Wednesday ,Sooner he is gone the better.

You know this how?

31 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Jordan Rhodes a totally uninterested ,Got loads of money in the bank ,Waste of space ,How many more people will try to defend him ?.He is not bothered about Sheffield Wednesday ,Sooner he is gone the better.

Then why was he so pissed about Adthe knocking him out of the way when he had a chance to score against Rotherham?

If he didn't want to score that goal for us, he wouldn't have been annoyed at that situation.

11 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

A lack of confidence (or bottle as it was once called) to take a pen is not a conventional mental health problem.

Umm.. yes it is. Lack of confidence is 100% a mental health problem, even assuming that's all it was.

And even if it was a fleeting moment of not feeling 'in the zone' or whatever trivialisation you want to make of it..

So?

At the very worst..

He thought he might miss and thought someone else would do better.
His manager and teammates agreed.
What a d*ck!

Seems like Rhodes gets more stick for bowing out than the guys who missed.

and who were they? Hutch and Nando.. two confident guys who almost certainly would have taken one anyway.

It seems likely that Hunt took one in place of Rhodes, and he scored. So..

Guy does what he thinks is best for the team, with the support of his manager and teammates and it has no effect whatsoever.

shocker. get rid.

Edited by cookeh
spelling

Just now, cookeh said:

Umm.. yes it is. Lack of confidence is 100% a mental health problem, even assuming that's all it was.

And even if it was a fleeting moment of not feeling 'in the zone' or whatever trivialisation you want to make of it..

So?

At the very worst..

He thought he might miss and thoguht someone else would do better.
His manager and teammates agreed.
What a d*ck!

Seems like Rhodes gets more stick for downing out than the guys who missed.

and who were they? Hutch and Nando.. two confident guys who almost certainly would have taken one anyway.

It seems likely that Hunt took one in place of Rhodes, and he scored. So..

Guy does what he thinks is best for the team, with the support of his manager and teammates and it has no effect whatsoever.

shocker. get rid.

Lack of confidence is a state of mind rather than a mental health disorder. 
If Jordan Rhodes was suffering from a conventional mental health disorder he has my sympathy but I have never seen is stated anywhere that he was.
Lack of confidence to take a penalty when you are a professional football is something you are expected to over come.

I think people respect the players who missed in the shoot outs but don't respect someone who is paid a fortune to be a footballer and decides he doesn't fancy it.

I dont know what to make of him, probably one of the most costly recruitment mistakes of recent times, on a par with Abdi,  considering his contribution.

I wanted him to do well but successive managers have had a look and he hasn't had a look in. Norwich took him, didn't play him much and ultimately valued him at zero, based on their offer to sign him  

Looked to be getting some form in pre season, but against lower league teams. I don't want to be harsh, but does a player, outstanding finisher as he was but with no pace  hold up or link up play have a future in the championship.

If it wasnt for his astronomical wage (based on that he did 5+ years) ago, he may well be a league 1 player now. 

17 minutes ago, cookeh said:

I'll go back to... ask yourself why he "didnt fancy it"

Because of lack of confidence and he was worried he would miss.
All perfectly reasonable things to feel at that moment, he wouldn't be human if he 'didn't fancy it'.
But as a professional footballer and a main striker in particular you are expected to deal with those emotions in those situations.

5 minutes ago, striker said:

outstanding finisher as he was

He's never been an outstanding finisher. I did a thread about his finishing on here 2 or 3 years ago which highlighted at his best he converts 1 in 5 and at his worst 1 in 10. If I  remember right I used Hooper as a comparison who was 1 in 3 to 1 in 5.

Since then I've seen no evidence of him being an outstanding finisher.

8 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

He's never been an outstanding finisher. I did a thread about his finishing on here 2 or 3 years ago which highlighted at his best he converts 1 in 5 and at his worst 1 in 10. If I  remember right I used Hooper as a comparison who was 1 in 3 to 1 in 5.

Since then I've seen no evidence of him being an outstanding finisher.

Were you at Hillsborough when he got 4 or sat on the settee playing with the porridge gun?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

It seems self evident, doesn't it?

He didn't want to take a pen.

Why would he not want to take a pen?

It's not to do wrong to the club.

You might know something I don’t but I’ve seen zero evidence to show that he’s suffering from a mental health condition.

13 minutes ago, vulva said:

Were you at Hillsborough when he got 4 or sat on the settee playing with the porridge gun?

Is that it, why you thought it was an excellent signing? 4 goals against us in League 1.

Ha, that explains a lot. 'Get that Roads signed, scored 4 goals against us once'

Glad you mentioned that though. Young un once mentioned he scored 4 at Hillsborough for the family fun day to him, I told him he scored 4 here too against us. His reply in a softly spoken voice 'yeah but that was a long time ago'

He's as good a footballer as you are a poster 

Edited by Ash76

Guest Bulgaria
3 hours ago, Charles Clegg said:

He has every appearance of being clinically depressed and and if that is the case the club should be on to it and ensure he gets treatment.... part of which could be a subsidised loan to Chesterfield or some similar club which may help him

Crikey, if the bloke is clinically depressed the last thing he needs is a loan to chesterfield!!!   Just the thought of heading down dronfield bypass makes me reach for my pills!!

10 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Is that it, why you thought it was an excellent signing? 4 goals against us in League 1.

Ha, that explains a lot. 'Get that Roads signed, scored 4 goals against us once'

Glad you mentioned that though. Young un once mentioned he scored 4 at Hillsborough for the family fun day to him, I told him he scored 4 here too against us. His reply in a softly spoken voice 'yeah but that was a long time ago'

To be fair when Jordan Rhodes signed for us he was leading goalscorer in all divisions in last 10 years and still in his 20s.

Not too much of an assumption to make that he was a good finisher.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

To be fair when Jordan Rhodes signed for us he was leading goalscorer in all divisions in last 10 years and still in his 20s.

Not too much of an assumption to make that he was a good finisher.

Apart from that though, what had he done before he joined us? I mean, Pele scored over 1000 goals. 

14 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

That’s just a noise, and not worthy of my input.