EFL have fresh concerns over Hillsborough sale

46 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Its a fair question

Perhaps they should have asked said question before accepting our accounts?

Can't help but feel there are some on here who are delighted with this latest story? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markowl said:

"Some of us queried the signings of Rhodes and Abdi"?

This forum was creaming itself when Rhodes signed.

And Abdi was widely regarded as the best midfielder in the Championship before he arrived at Hillsborough.

*Search function*

It sure is easier to be right in hindsight

1 hour ago, markowl said:

"Some of us queried the signings of Rhodes and Abdi"?

This forum was creaming itself when Rhodes signed.

And Abdi was widely regarded as the best midfielder in the Championship before he arrived at Hillsborough.

And many fans I know thought they were unnecessary gambles that didn't improve our starting XI.

They were right.

Fast forward to 2019 and we're having to sell our stadium to compensate for some of the crap expensive flop signings we've made since summer 2016.

I'm not bothered about being 'right'.  It's just a sad situation.  A totally avoidable one.

11 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

And many fans I know thought they were unnecessary gambles that didn't improve our starting XI.

They were right.

Fast forward to 2019 and we're having to sell our stadium to compensate for some of the crap expensive flop signings we've made since summer 2016.

I'm not bothered about being 'right'.  It's just a sad situation.  A totally avoidable one.

I don't recall hearing much dissent at the time.

I think you're re-writing history to suit your argument.

15 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

They were right.

Yeah, course you did. 

Rhodes...yeah, there were a few who voiced doubts. 

No one did about Abdi. 

So yeah, you are bothered about being "right". 

21 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

They were right.

We haven’t really sold our stadium tho have we?

Chansiri owns the club including the stadium. He’s just shifted ownership of the ground into a new company name so he can get more of his money into the club 

Edited by Stoop

1 minute ago, markowl said:

I don't recall hearing much dissent at the time.

I think you're re-writing history to suit your argument.

Why would there be 'dissent'?

They were new signings, so 99.9% of fans gave them a chance; as you would expect.  That doesn't mean that fans didn't have reservations or concerns.

I'd say it's Chansiri that attempted to re-write history with his "I bought Rhodes for the fans" nonsense he came out with a while back.

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, course you did. 

Rhodes...yeah, there were a few who voiced doubts. 

No one did about Abdi. 

So yeah, you are bothered about being "right". 

No one on this forum you mean?

What about the other thousands of fans who don't bother with OwlsTalk?  Everyone was jumping for joy - seriously?

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

We haven’t really sold our stadium tho have we?

Chansiri owns the club including the stadium. He’s just shifted ownership of the ground into a new company name so he can get more of his money into the club 

Yes we've sold it.  Read the accounts.  SWFC no longer own it.

3 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Why would there be 'dissent'?

They were new signings, so 99.9% of fans gave them a chance; as you would expect.  That doesn't mean that fans didn't have reservations or concerns.

I'd say it's Chansiri that attempted to re-write history with his "I bought Rhodes for the fans" nonsense he came out with a while back.

No one on this forum you mean?

What about the other thousands of fans who don't bother with OwlsTalk?  Everyone was jumping for joy - seriously?

Yes we've sold it.  Read the accounts.  SWFC no longer own it.

He’s effectively sold it to himself