EFL have fresh concerns over Hillsborough sale

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Sure the EFL will hold another fair and unbiased enquiry, led by Steve Gibson, Chris Wilder and Neil Swarbrick 

Again tbf it's a ruddy simple question. 

2 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Exactly that mk. You can’t imagine that they haven’t thought this through thoroughly 

No because you are risking a professional reputation here especially given the shizzle with Carillion and Patisserie Valerie, proposed new audit regulator.

The scrutiny is pretty intense I promise you. Your judgement calls and adequacy of evidence gathered are all questioned. Why I got the hell out of it. 

The thing that annoys me about this the most is the time that’s being wasted on this.

Just sort out a new approach and crack on with reforming the rules.

There’d be no bigger slap in the face for Chansiri, Morris etc than them doing the stadium deals and a rule reform rendering them meaningless.

Instead the EFL will waste months on this, issue a couple of points deductions that don’t affect league positions significantly enough to be a punishment, and then go back to flogging the same broken P&S system.

The whole approach to these issues is so wrong. It’s just a blame culture, no one actually wants to fix the underlying problem. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

The thing that annoys me about this the most is the time that’s being wasted on this.

Just sort out a new approach and crack on with reforming the rules.

There’d be no bigger slap in the face for Chansiri, Morris etc than them doing the stadium deals and a rule reform rendering them meaningless.

Instead the EFL will waste months on this, issue a couple of points deductions that don’t affect league positions significantly enough to be a punishment, and then go back to flogging the same broken P&S system.

The whole approach to these issues is so wrong. It’s just a blame culture, no one actually wants to fix the underlying problem. 

The underlying problem at the heart of this is the total unlevel playing field created by the premier leagye and their failure payments. Sadly the EFL havnt got the balls to do whats right and tell the prem these payments are destroying the championship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The EFL want to start getting the championship on a level playing field ,This parachute payment rubbish ,Come down from the premier and you can spend £60 million ,Wo betide any other clubs that do.Getting  sick and tired of the hypocrisy in football now .Lets get back to division 1,2,3,4.,The dream of the premier ,STUFF THE PREMIER.

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

The underlying problem at the heart of this is the total unlevel playing field created by the premier leagye and their failure payments. Sadly the EFL havnt got the balls to do whats right and tell the prem these payments are destroying the championship.

They're destroying the football league as a whole! 

But as you say, the EFL aren’t fit for purpose. 

Just now, NeonLeon said:

They're destroying the football league as a whole! 

But as you say, the EFL aren’t fit for purpose. 

The EFL have created this whole problem by allowing these failure payments in their competition.these payments have never bern used for what they were designed for , instead teams with them have been allowed to use them to pay crazy transfer fees for players in the championship , thus making teams without them resort to drastic measures to try and compete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The English Football League has asked Sheffield Wednesday to explain why a £38 million profit for the “sale” of Hillsborough, which enabled them to avoid sanctions for breaching strict financial regulations, was detailed in their 2018 accounts when Land Registry documents date the purchase to almost 12 months later.

Wednesday are among a number of clubs under scrutiny for exploiting a loophole that has allowed them to remain compliant with the EFL’s Profit and Sustainability rules by essentially buying the stadium from themselves.

But ahead of what could be a tense EFL clubs meeting on Thursday, with the row between Middlesbrough, Derby County and the EFL expected to escalate, The Times has learned that fresh concerns have been raised about paperwork that has been submitted…

Tell em to ballax 

2 minutes ago, heppers said:

The issue seems to be that boro asked if they could do this and were told no. Derby and us have done it anyway. I can see the gripe.

The rumour I heard was that the valuations Gibson got on the Riverside were all for a pittance. 

Derby came out with a statement earlier in the month, basically saying the efl cant touch them, its all above board. 

This smacks of the efl, looking for blood. Cant touch derby, villa are untouchable in the plastic league, so lets have a go at Wednesday, to try and appease mad Gibson and his dwindling failure payments. 

This is what happens in business when law is conflated with quasi law.

I ran my business to the law of the land.. mainly tax and employment rights and H+S.. contract law also..

Football clubs are trying to have a foot in the real business world and a foot in the swamp of the EFL... it's bound to lead to this sort of nonsense..

• Like 1