Wednesday -V- Everton OMDT (LC 3rd rnd)

Just lacking that quality in the final third. Desperately in need of a player with that spark, a Fernando, Harris type.  Another thing is we don't get the ball to Harris quick enough to give him space to use his pace.

And another I'd like to see is the wingers switching wings just to mix it up.

22 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

That was a looking time ago when the league had real status ..and so did their trophy... I don't need a video I was there with everyone else..

The last 6 winners of the competition have been Man City 4 times, Chelsea and Man Utd. To say it has no status it seems the big clubs do actually like to progress and the disparity between them and the rest is as evident in this as it is in the PL. they can afford to play their 2nd string because they know they are good enough. Man City's 2nd 11 would finish in the top 6.

I can understand us resting the likes of Fletcher, Bannan, Westwood and Hutchinson tonight but it was a bit strange to then see Fletcher get a run out late on with the game all but gone. 

If Winnall had scored at 0-0 it might have been a different story, not the end of the world to get beat 2-0 by a mid-table PL side but disappointing all the same. 

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Just a note for people who compare this cup with teams playing their second elevens.. even div2.. with when we won it...

Professional opinion was split over manure and us on the day..... it's a VERY VERY different tournament to then..get over it..

We were 7/2..though we took 5/2 to win outright..man u were odds on favs, think 2/5.

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Disappointing but to be honest I’m sure the majority of us expected to lose against these. Let’s hope for 3 points on Saturday with our strongest 11. To many changes tonight from Monk. 

I pay to go and see us put out a side to win, disappointed in monk, a bit more quality on the pitch may have seen us get a result tonight, monk sat out most of the game in his seat which surprises me given his plea for atmosphere and backing. 

Edited by debram
Spelling

7 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Did they put a strong team out

Tottenham

• 22Gazzaniga
  • 15Dier
  • 6D Sánchez
  • 39TangangaSubstituted forSon Heung-Minat 66'minutes
  • 16Walker-Peters
  • 29SkippSubstituted forLamelaat 78'minutes
  • 12Wanyama
  • 33Davies
  • 27Lucas Moura
  • 20Alli
  • 52ParrottSubstituted forEriksenat 66'minutes

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The last 6 winners of the competition have been Man City 4 times, Chelsea and Man Utd. To say it has no status it seems the big clubs do actually like to progress and the disparity between them and the rest is as evident in this as it is in the PL. they can afford to play their 2nd string because they know they are good enough. Man City's 2nd 11 would finish in the top 6.

I can understand is resting the likes of Fletcher, Bannan, Westwood and Hutchinson tonight but it was a bit strange to then see Fletcher get a run out late on with the game all but gone. 

If Winnall had scored at 0-0 it might have been a different story, not the end of the world to get beat 2-0 by a mid-table PL side but disappointing all the same. 

Disappointing always when we lose... I agree.

I just can't care about this cup I'm afraid..

Just now, Mus said:

Seems like some teams DO take this seriously.  Into the last 16 !!!

Bet it will ruin their hopes of promotion though, whereas ours have surely received a boost after tonight's result?! :ghoulguy:

3 minutes ago, debram said:

I pay to go and see us put out a side to win, disappointed in monk, a bit more quality on the pitch may have seen us get a result tonight, monk sat out most of the game in his seat which surprises me given his plea for atmosphere and backing. 

That's a sound bite that ambitious managers make.. I'm glad he's got he's attention elsewhere..