Jump to content
Mycroft

Nicked this off Twitter - FF Working Hard

Recommended Posts

I love him - but I love him for his character and his past, currently not his present. 

 

I think he's going to fizzle out, he hardly made a mark in the games he has played this season and hasn't made a mark since 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are insane if they think FF is done here, letting him go would be an admittance of accepting Championship football for the foreseeable future in my eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gnarwolf said:

People are insane if they think FF is done here, letting him go would be an admittance of accepting Championship football for the foreseeable future in my eyes.

 

There probably looking at the fact he’s done hardly owt for past 2yr,  on his day he was a top championship player but I’m not so sure he’s gonna get back to that level 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Absolute disgrace of a player.  It’s about time he got his head down, stopped fuckingabout and did some proper training.

 

He owes us big time ever since he didn’t get on the bus to Norwich.

not sticking up for what he did because that was wrong. but if you pay someone at work 35k a week and your on 15k a week and your the best in your league at the time it causes problems . 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

not sticking up for what he did because that was wrong. but if you pay someone at work 35k a week and your on 15k a week and your the best in your league at the time it causes problems . 

 

10 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

he found out what fletcher was earning at the time

 

My post was very much tongue in cheek and you may have a bit of a point but my main memory of the situation was FF's unhappiness with the car Fletcher received as part of his signing on fee which prompted his pathetic posts on Instagram prancing about on and turning out his pockets at the side of his bicycle but all of that is a long way in the past now.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Gnarwolf said:

People are insane if they think FF is done here, letting him go would be an admittance of accepting Championship football for the foreseeable future in my eyes.

 

Think it is more insane expecting someone who has not really performed for one reason or another to play how he did in his first season here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

 

There probably looking at the fact he’s done hardly owt for past 2yr,  on his day he was a top championship player but I’m not so sure he’s gonna get back to that level 

 

I refer you to @alanharper post in the actual FF thread a while ago,

 

"Was it actually Forestieri's fault that we didn't win more of those games though? Was it down to him that we threw away a 2 goal lead late on against WBA, or that Norwich equalised just after midnight? Of those 13 league starts he made where we didn't win he still scored 6 goals which is a very decent return. And despite that limited game time in a season riddled with injury, suspension and a court appearance looming over him he was still 4th top scorer with those 6 goals from 15 league starts behind Fletcher (11 from 32 starts), Joao (7 from 18 plus 3 goals as sub) and Reach (8 from 43)
 
He was top scorer and top assist maker in his first 2 seasons, and after losing the majority of the following season to injury still came back with 5 goals in the last 8 games. Easily the most talented player we've had in the last 20 years, one of very few players we've had in that time who can fashion a goal from nothing (see the Reading and Norwich goals as prime examples) yet it makes me laugh how some people seem to be so desperate to get rid of him or belittle his stats."
 
He'd done nowt because we've done nowt for the past 2 seasons, what did people expect him to do under Jos? He's been blighted by injury and wrongful suspension since his initial 2 season honeymoon period with us, you don't just lose ability like that, fitness levels maybe, but not ability.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

 

Think it is more insane expecting someone who has not really performed for one reason or another to play how he did in his first season here. 

 

Didn't say he'd get to first season levels, just that he isn't done here. (also check my other post above)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gnarwolf said:

People are insane if they think FF is done here, letting him go would be an admittance of accepting Championship football for the foreseeable future in my eyes.

 

That makes no sense.

 

In the last two seasons we have had more success without him than with him. 

 

Reminder - TWO WINS IN HIS LAST 16 STARTS.

 

Where is the logic in saying we can’t get promotion without him? You will no doubt talk about his own personal stats, but it’s not about him, it’s about the team.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

 

That makes no sense.

 

In the last two seasons we have had more success without him than with him. 

 

Reminder - TWO WINS IN HIS LAST 16 STARTS.

 

Where is the logic in saying we can’t get promotion without him? You will no doubt talk about his own personal stats, but it’s not about him, it’s about the team.

 

 

 

If we went on them stats alone then George Boyd would've been a guaranteed starter every game, off the top of my head I can think of multiple games that FF has won us, can anyone name one that he's been at fault for? Like fully his fault?

 

And I do think we could get promoted without him, it'll be a lot easier with him though, players like him are a luxury at this level, especially for the £3m we got him for

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...