1947OWL

PLAYERS HOLDING HEAD FAKING INJURY

3 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

make them leave the field, give them 5 mins recovery time if there is no show then bring the sub on  that will make the shysters think twice and I daresay the managers would take notice of the cheats ,you can't be too carful over head injuries because one day the injury might be true and the ref ignore's it 

Exactly!

Yet a lot of people in football think that's morally ok, because 3 points are on the line 

• Like 1

I don't know what the perfect solution is, but what i do know is Fulham were one of the most boring passing the ball sideways for 70 minutes, cheating holding their faces, diving, trying to get players booked, faking injuries, god awful teams i have seen down at Hillsborough. I would hate to have a season ticket at Craven Cottage to watch that entitled lot of idiots pass the ball 3 yards all game and think they are playing 'good football'. Teams don't normally get what they deserve, but that last minute equaliser is what they deserved, i lost it when it went in shouting at all the Fulham players that they were cheats and got what they deserved, I'm sure they heard every word. lol

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Samurai Blue said:

I mostly agree, but unfortunately that punishes those that legitimately do need treatment, leaving their team with 10 men for 5 minutes.

Which then leads to ideas like temporary substutions, but as has been inferred elsewhere on here, that may encourage a different kind of exploitation.

Tough one.

For the most part I think that problem solves itself.

Teams that legitimately require treatment for a player often have to play shorthanded for a few mins anyway.

This just gives the same fate to non-genuine injuries.

Harsh bans for players found faking an injury to try stamp it out. Include retrospective ones too so there's little hiding. Start giving 10 match bans for diving , holding head, legs etc when no contact is made. That will stop it quickly

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

The only way around this is that a mandatory 5 minute off fiend examination happens for all players with a 'head injury'

That'll stop the cnvts clutching their heads..

If it is genuine, this would be necessary anyway. 

Good idea and introduce a sin bin for the fakers 

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

The only way around this is that a mandatory 5 minute off fiend examination happens for all players with a 'head injury'

I agree. Another action that could be taken would be to award yellow cards for simulation. Given that Mitrovic wasn't punished for his shameful antics at Huddersfield, where he tried to get a player red-carded (seemingly a Fulham tactic re cards) by feigning a blow to the face, it will never happen. If that wasn't a case of bringing the game into disrepute, it beggars belief.

• Like 1

Simple . Player holds head , straight off not to return to the field , treat as concussion . If you have no subs left . Tough . 

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

Absolutely spot on sir.

They should also learn from Rugby how to address and speak to officials.

It's catch-22, the refs have rightly been told that head injuries need to be assessed and treated promptly, but this means that your traditional shithousing in their DNA clubs like Preston and QPR (and the nouveau-shithousers Fulham) have realised that they can take the p*ss by having a player go down holding his head when the opposition are in a dangerous position or they want a break to relieve the pressure meaning that the ref will automatically stop play.

As someone said above, this needs to be stamped out by having the player who goes down holding his head needs to be off the field for a mandatory period, a minimum 2 minutes maybe 5, for assessment from a doctor before being allowed to return. If it's a genuine injury then yes the team gets inconvenienced and that's unfortunate but it's also sensible and teams often have to make do with players off the field for treatment for some time anyway.

• Like 1

I’m not a fan of Rugby but as sportspeople they make footballers look like a right set of fannies

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, camffiti said:

There's so much money in football and that's why its morally bankrupt 

Any new rule will be exploited for cheating 

Could do with a new league where transfer fees are outlawed or something like that

58 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I agree. Another action that could be taken would be to award yellow cards for simulation. Given that Mitrovic wasn't punished for his shameful antics at Huddersfield, where he tried to get a player red-carded (seemingly a Fulham tactic re cards) by feigning a blow to the face, it will never happen. If that wasn't a case of bringing the game into disrepute, it beggars belief.

The Mitrovic one you mention was a shocker and clear as day on camera, the fact that nothing happened as a consequence is why you get teams doing what Fulham did on Saturday. Should be a retrospective 5 game ban.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Im not a rugby fan but I actually watched the England game yesterday and there are lots of things we could adopt to improve football. 

The major thing I noticed was the time keeping. Every time it was needed the clock stopped...this would definitely stop time wasting cheats and players going down with fake injuries. 

definitely this

take the time keeping away from the refs would also stop the bias in added time by the refs

Fletcher holds his head every time he goes down

The trouble is you can never be sure if a player is faking or genuinely injured, so especially with apparent head injuries the ref has to stop the game.  The only solution that is needed is one that finds a way to stop them doing it, by making it a disadvantage rather than an advantage is one such way.  So far, 5 mins off pitch for assessment and recovery is the best one put forward (no subs)

Solved easily with retrospective bans. Same as diving. Unfortunately the authorities just aren't interested. Caught cheating, one match ban. Caught twice 3 matches. 3 times 5 matches and so on. Eradicated overnight.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

take the time keeping away from the refs would also stop the bias in added time by the refs

This /\/\/\/\/\

Have an official time keeper, the clock stops when the play stops. As soon as the ball is out of play or stopped for a free kick then the clock is stopped until play restarts, regardless of injuries, substitutions or players blatently taking their time to restart the game.

Timewasting would then be impossible

3 hours ago, Samurai Blue said:

I mostly agree, but unfortunately that punishes those that legitimately do need treatment, leaving their team with 10 men for 5 minutes.

Which then leads to ideas like temporary substutions, but as has been inferred elsewhere on here, that may encourage a different kind of exploitation.

Tough one.

If legitimate 5 minutes would be well spent for treatment and recovery...

God , I’d love to ref a premiership or championship game just once ( that’s all they’d allow me after my performance)....the head would have to be detached from the shoulders before I blew up.

By the way, if ever I got to referee a Wednesday game I would be so outrageously biased that I’d be hauled off by the fraud squad. There would be penalties to Wednesday for defenders looking furtive, goals against Wednesday disallowed for over celebrating and shooting too hard ( dangerous play). I couldn’t help myself.

• Haha 1