Get Well Soon, Harrison Reed

It was totally out of order the way Hutchinson beat you to the ball and allowed you to kick him yesterday.

Judging by the way you were windmilling across the turf like a drunken breakdancer in the aftermath, it looks like you did well to carry on for the rest of the match.

At least the ref was on hand to right the wrong though, eh? We can't have you injuring yourself whilst kicking a Wednesday player now, can we?

ezgif.com-resize.gif.378f81f8aeca0834a89b75c5ec0ab2a2.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Only the second minute and I was shouting at my pc. Normally it takes at least half an hour of the game before I start risking a stroke. Luckily I was sensible and made a concerted effort to pace myself. I wasn't paying proper attention when Fletcher had his penalty appeal as I was watching another of my horses get beaten. I'm more philosophical about betting (usually) so I lasted until their goal and then half time allowed me to de-stress (slightly).

34 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

One of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen at Hillsborough. 

Did you see the one where one of our players went for the ball with his foot up slightly and the ball hit Arter (I think) in the stomach and he rolled about as if our player had kicked him. I think one of ours got booked in the aftermath of that.one.

We all knew what it was going to be like after the first minute when the ref gave that foul in the OP. Fulham for timewasting, falling over and play acting were terrible. I'm sure this is the first season they have been like this. I expect the pushing in the back from Millwall every time the ball is in the air and Preston to do niggling fouls, play acting, falling over and Ben Pearson's reckless tackling as they have been the same for about 3 seasons now but I was surprised at Fulham to be honest. They also had no ambition really at any stage of the game. They seemed happy just to keep possession and the quite fortunate goal played right into their hands at just the right time.

Cheating feckers and inept officials are ruining our wonderful game, until refs wise up and man up against this pathetic attitude some teams have where they are prepared to con, act and cheat to achieve their goal the game will just become a utter farce. 

Guest Bulgaria
3 minutes ago, gizowl said:

the game will just become a utter farce. 

It already has.

If you had just landed on planet earth and watched a game of footy.... You would think it was shiit.

47 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Same as the bloke who sent Forestieri off for being cut in half at Hull.

The really baffling thing about that one is that Dawson actually held his hands up and told the ref that he'd caught Forestieri, and he still sent him off!

How could he possibly have thought he was making the right call at that point!?

7 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Same as the bloke who sent Forestieri off for being cut in half at Hull.

@SallyCinnamon  re your comment about the OP one being the worst decision. It was bad but thanks Not Jon Newsome for reminding me about that one. I think it is so bad that I'd blotted it out of my mind. Dawson was holding his hands up to the ref expecting to walk and the ref just walked straight past him to give FF the second yellow. Even Bruce said after the game it was a foul.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The really baffling thing about that one is that Dawson actually held his hands up and told the ref that he'd caught Forestieri, and he still sent him off!

How could he possibly have thought he was making the right call at that point!?

Posted before reading your post at the end of  the thread. It was totally ridiculous.

The ref's decision I mean not me posting before reading the full thread. I'm not the first and in true Owlstalk tradition I will not be the last  lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

Ref's eyes actually appear to follow the ball after the contact.

He then does a 'double take'  as he realises the fool is rolling about and thinks 'Oh he's rolling about must give them a free kick !' 

Exactly.

He wasn't even looking and assumed a bloke on the floor must mean he's been fouled.

And he kept repeating that throughout the game.

Worst ref I've ever seen. 

23 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Hutchinson is one of those players that wont get away with anything from refs, you'll see him get booked for the slightest thing that other's wont.

But he didnt do anything as he was fouled after he clearly won the ball. Hutchison isnt a saint but you cant be booked for getting fouled.