Out of contract players next summer

Guest LondonOwl313

This thread sums up Owlstalk... Nuhui scores at the weekend so let's give him a new contract. FF is suspended and has had a whole range of issues, therefore release as he'll never be good enough again. Fletcher is 'too old' despite probably having a couple of years left in him. 

There's 38 games left this season, we can make decisions at the end of it. The ones we keep are going to depend on a whole range of factors including form, players proving fitness, how much it would cost to renew, and dare I say it, what division we're in. Fox and Pelupessy fall under the 'not good enough' category so should probably go... the rest have shown that they are/were good championship players, so it's down to them to re-find form under Monk or prove they can play regularly over the course of a season.

Too early for this thread. We are in September with a new manager. Let’s see what Monk gets out of this lot until the end of the season. 

Im not holding my breath tho - i dont see us been a top 6 side this season. Defensive shape is very good but our midfield play has to significantly improve. 

49 minutes ago, jrh said:

If nuhiu gets a new contract then I'm done. 

I suspect you will be done if that's the case. Nuhiu isn't on fantastic money, he's cheap and he serves a purpose. There's nobody quite like him as an effective substitute.

How many managers have we had now that continue to give him game time?

He's not a great goal scorer but he upsets defences when he comes on. If he could be that effective from the start of a game he would be a starter every week.

3 hours ago, vulva said:

Forestieri???

This place is bonkers. 

Lose him on a free ?? He's the only game changer we have.

Extend it for a year and tell him this is your definitive year, you perform to the levels you proved you can and you can either A. Get your move and we get decent money, or B. You get a new contract from us.

He's 30 now his best chance of playing in the Prem is going up with us, which will be miles easier with a firing Fernando.

High turnover, I would think. The thought of going into yet another season hoping players can roll back the years and recapture form of old is depressing. This should be the last chance for many of them. If they had what it takes, we'd be up by now. It's last chance saloon this season, or a clear out in summer.

Now we have Luongo, Hutchinson can go. Along with Lee most likely.

That central midfield needs splitting up and refreshing, we've built things around them for 4 years now and whilst they are all decent enough players, it's a real weak area for us. 

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Lose him on a free ?? He's the only game changer we have.

Extend it for a year and tell him this is your definitive year, you perform to the levels you proved you can and you can either A. Get your move and we get decent money, or B. You get a new contract from us.

He's 30 now his best chance of playing in the Prem is going up with us, which will be miles easier with a firing Fernando.

He costs us £2m per year, and we get very little from him these days. 

Since the the start of 17/18 he has played the equivalent of 23 out of our 101 league matches, scoring 11 goals including a penalty.

I thought Bruce would either make or break FF, and I am confident Monk will. FF will be given the opportunity to re-ignite his career with us, but if it’s more of the same he will be let go and rightly so. 

All depends what money they're on and who we can get in to replace them.

I certainly wouldn't be releasing Hutchinson and I think Lee deserves a lot more time to prove he can get back to his best. Seems to be a lot of faith put in Luongo who's hardly kicked a ball for us.

Again, not sure what Dawson has done wrong, and doubt he's on big money.

Keeping Nuhiu seems like a smart move, especially as we've sold Joao (the only other player we would bring on to disrupt a game)

We have 3 months of maybe approaching 20 games until Xmas, any of the players out of contract in the summer that barely play need to be sold in January so we don't lose them for nothing in the summer and we save half a season on their wages. Our policy has been let players contract run down or too long and it has led to us having to sell our stadium to stay with the financial rules - this could still bite us on the arse.

For me the likes of Hutch, Dawson & Penney should be offer new deal, Fletch has been our most consistent striker over the last 18 months if he will take a reduction on his £30-40,000 a week I would offer him a 1 year deal with option of a 2nd year based on appearances, Fessi is a difficult one he has been out of the team for 2 season lets get him match fit and see what sort of players is left.

As for the rest thank you for the services but we need better quality to progress the team and the club forward.

• Like 1