Out of contract players next summer

Wouldn't be making any decisions just yet, there are still 38 league matches left and Monk has only been here a week. It may be that some of those buck up under a new manager. In general though I agree that it will be a chance to have a clear out and as we have seen this summer there are some good players available when at the end of their contracts with other clubs.

Hard to say at this stage but if they play like we know they can I’d renew

Fessi - on form he’s unique and gives us something different I think he will be like a new signing after christmas

Fletcher - 1,2 year deal despite his age he’s a real warhorse I think he would sign on much reduced terms he knows his biggest contract days are behind him 

Hutchinson - yes 

Dawson - 2 years

Nuhiu - love or hate him he’s pretty unique too and effective id give him another deal 

Release the rest 

11 minutes ago, Stoop said:

We did this summer

Abdi £4m

Jones £2m

Hooper £3m

Matias £2m

:Chansiri:

Perfect indicator to what stupid transfer policy we had since DC took over. We gambled everything on 3 years long promotion plan, and when it backfired it left us with huge problems regarding FFP and swuad that needs a lot of investment to get us to The Premiership.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Keep Fletcher. Keep Nuhiu and Hutch as back up for next season. Probably keep Dawson even though I’m not a fan. The rest can go but I’d try to get money for Forestieri and Rhodes in January.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
10 hours ago, j17tjp said:

I’d keep Nuhiu Lee Fox & maybe Hutch. 

The first 3 are able to influence the game 

and Hutch is great leader to keep around the club even when his knees finally give up on him

Fox?  Ha ha ha ha!!

10 hours ago, Stoop said:

Big dilemma with FF in January, do we try and claw some money for him or let his deal run out?

Ive been a supporter of Rhodes, but I’m not flogging the dead horse anymore, he’s pretty much done at this club

The buggger never plays. Said it time and time again. The impact FF has here is mythical. 

8 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

Given what Fletcher has done for us in the last year why on earth wouldn’t we given him a year extension? 

We might, but he won’t. Will be looking for 2 or 3 years which we won’t give him. Can see Fletcher playing abroad. 

10 minutes ago, vulva said:

We might, but he won’t. Will be looking for 2 or 3 years which we won’t give him. Can see Fletcher playing abroad. 

I thought the same about Westwood and we finally negotiated a deal with him. So dont be surprised to see him stay.