Fulham - Post match Monk

image.png

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.pngDeserved - We deserved at least that point for our effort and the way we went about it against a very good side.

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.pngFirst half - We're playing against a very good side, who've got a certain way of playing, there's a lot of movement and there's  lot of quality that they have so tactically you have to get that spot on. First half was a tactical (battle) but the only time we can unbalanced was the goal. 

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.pngDetails - There were a couple of details in that (first 45) while we allowed ourselves to get pushed back a little too easily but they're a very good side and will push you back there anyway but it was a little too much so we tweaked that a little bit at half time. Dealt with them a little bit further up, a bit braver in where we got to those guys a little further up.

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.pngSecond half - Those tweaks worked. We were a little more front foot. Which gave us some momentum. Then obviously we made changes which . Those changes were effective which is great. We pushed right to the end and got what we deserved.

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.pngFulham delaying- We had the momentum second half for 20 minutes, but then there was some delaying and making it scrappy . Those delays, that's why I made more  changes because of those delays and to try and get that momentum going again.

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.pngFight for the shirt- I said to the players at half time it's not the first time and it won't be the last time were a goal down, I said to the players we have to have character to be the team we want to be and if we really do care about that shirt ,regardless of the result we have to go out there and fight and they did that wonderfully well and got what they deserved. 

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.pngTogetherness- We have to galvanise that, myself, the players and the fans. You saw it from the crowds reaction. You have to have commitment to that shirt, you have to fight for that shirt in any circumstances - that is how we're all connected together, and the response at the end tells you these fans appreciate that effort. 

image.png.20f7572d7611f1d46ba6dc00f6c2cda5.pngWork in progress - Look I've said this before we have this we need to work on, but in the meantime it's discipline, organisation, fight, spirit,  they're most important as a foundation. 

================================================

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Can’t grumble with a point against Fulham

They were better than us 2 years ago and they’ve spent over 100 million since then

For all their possession, they didn’t really hurt us, the highlights show we had much more chances than them, and if we had a proper referee we would have had a penalty for the push on Fletcher

Their goal came from us losing the ball in their half in front of the South Stand, they switched it and we didn’t deal with the ball into the box

Theres nothing better in football than a last minute goal

Especially when it’s against a team that employ time wasting tactics like Fulham did

i cant believe the amount of times they kicked the ball away and nothing was said

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

20 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Can’t grumble with a point against Fulham

They were better than us 2 years ago and they’ve spent over 100 million since then

For all their possession, they didn’t really hurt us, the highlights show we had much more chances than them, and if we had a proper referee we would have had a penalty for the push on Fletcher

Their goal came from us losing the ball in their half in front of the South Stand, they switched it and we didn’t deal with the ball into the box

Theres nothing better in football than a last minute goal

Especially when it’s against a team that employ time wasting tactics like Fulham did

i cant believe the amount of times they kicked the ball away and nothing was said

Excellent summary.

• Thanks 1

The biggest culprit for a shocking performance on the day was Eltringham, he was done up like a kipper by Fulham . The booing from the frustrated fans in the south i`ve not heard since the Palace match and that nice  human Shaun Derry was being interviewed in front of the South by TV after gesturing to the assembled crowd after parading in front of us ( bit like Knock #art ) did on being subbed .

A telling thing on saturday was that Winnall was waiting for the so called referee by the tunnel , and as we booed him off Winnall cupped his ear at the ref and said  can you hear that ? its just for you.  Which is telling about what the players thought of the esteemed official . 

• Like 1