Next Three games

There are two away and one home game in our next Three league games that take us to the point last season when it all went downhill after game 11. Three points from these three games will see us level with last term so there is the challenge for us to get ahead. We would hope that the three to equal last season will come from the home game against Wigan so anything of a return from the away games at Middlesbrough and Hull should see us in the top 6.

It was a strange game yesterday even putting aside the poor refereeing performance and the theatrics of the Fulham players both of which were pathetic. We looked both comfortable and uncomfortable in equal measure. There is no doubting Fulham's skills and passing ability.  There were times when it looked as though we were going under in a big way but we somehow got a foot in at the death to make the clearance. On the other hand we looked incisive and threatening on the break and could easily have scored a few goals. In the end getting the draw was probably no more than we deserved. Fulham didn't deserve the win for their play acting alone. If Fulham didn't have that in their game they would be a force to be reckoned with. With it in their game they will end up mid table wondering why a team with so many talented footballers didn't do better.

Edited by mark1948
Typo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mark1948 said:

There are two away and one home game in our next Three league games that take us to the point last season when it all went downhill after game 11. Three points from these three games will see us level with last term so there is the challenge for us to get ahead. We would hope that the three to equal last season will come from the home game against Wigan so anything of a return from the away games at Middlesbrough and Hull should see us in the top 6.

It was a strange game yesterday even putting aside the poor refereeing performance and the theatrics of the Fulham players both of which were pathetic. We looked both comfortable and uncomfortable in equal measure. There is no doubting Fulham's skills and passing ability.  There were times when it looked as though we were going under in a big way but we somehow got a foot in at the death to make the clearance. On the other hand we looked incisive and threatening on the break and could easily have scored a few goals. In the end getting the draw was probably no more than we deserved. Fulham didn't deserve the win for their play acting alone. If Fulham didn't have that in their game they would be a force to be reckoned with. With it in their game they will end up mid table wondering why a team with so many talented footballers didn't do better.

to be honest i am looking at 7 points from next 3 if we wan't to be anywhere near top 6 that is a minimun

Starting with most recent.

Boro’s home games

Reading W 1-0

Millwall D 1-1

Wigan W 1-0

Brentford L 0-1

Hull home games

Wigan D 2-2

Bristol City L 1-3

Blackburn L 0-1

Reading W 2-1

Wigan away games

Hull D 2-2

QPR L 3-1

Boro L 1-0

Preston L 3-0

Foolishly, and I should know better, I really fancy us for no less than six points.

12 hours ago, vulva said:

I keep reading on here about what will get us in the top 6. Just don’t get it. We are absolutely nailed on to finish mid table. 

Thats how I see it at the moment. I expect an upper mid table finish. 10-12th. Defensive shape is currently very good but that midfield is simply not performing to a level anywhere near a top 6 finish. 

• Haha 1