Drink price fizz up

6 hours ago, james o connor said:

Or that . I remember at griffin park during our league one promotion season . Our second goal I was covered in beer . Winning the lottery , pulling a 21 year old super model and Wednesday winning the champions league wouldn’t  cause me to part with my pint ! 

I would quite happily part with my pint for a 21 yr old super model and SWFC winning the Champions league lol

On 22/09/2019 at 12:20, handworth52 said:

its unreal that someone at our club is so thick to price a pint at 4.80 and half at £2 a kid at nursery would know that makes no sense . well id never pay £4.80 in ground for something what costs the club appx 35p-40p a pint 

What makes you think a pint only costs 40p - the duty alone  a pint is significantly more than that on its own (around 50-60p per pint), 

Cost per pint is around £2 (ex vat)

https://www.eipublicanpartnerships.com/Documents/publican-price-list.pdf

10 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Is the catering still 'in-house' or outside contract#?

One thing that does annoy me. The caterers are not allowed to serve drinks with loose tops.I suffer from arthritis and find it difficult to open screw tops on Coke bottles. If someone can break the seal i'm ok. The other week I purchased a pasty and a bottle of coke.When the assistant handed me the coke bottle, I  asked her if she would 'crack the top, please.' This way  I can carry it to my seat, but as she took the top off, she threw away the top. 'Put the top back on ,please dear.', I asked.  The young girl, who looked little older than my granddaughter,said, pleasantly, ' I'm sorry. We are not allowed to serve opened bottles', so I had to carry iy, walking with 2 sticks , into tha stand, and needless to say, spilled it. This rule, ridiculous as it is, is in fact universal, due no doubt to idiots who use the tops as missiles..

We may be better going back to the old days when the only refreshment served was a hot pie and a cup of tea/Bovril. 

To shed some light, I believe the “lids off” rule isn’t about people using them as missiles. 

When an empty bottle has a lid on, it doesn’t crush when it’s stood on. If the empties are on the floor, they pose as a massive trip hazard on the stairs, especially in the case of emergency evacuations. By ensuring no lids are available, whilst still a trip hazard, the bottle would crush and be less likely to roll/cause a fall. 

That’s what I was told when it was introduced anyway...

8 minutes ago, Smog said:

To shed some light, I believe the “lids off” rule isn’t about people using them as missiles. 

When an empty bottle has a lid on, it doesn’t crush when it’s stood on. If the empties are on the floor, they pose as a massive trip hazard on the stairs, especially in the case of emergency evacuations. By ensuring no lids are available, whilst still a trip hazard, the bottle would crush and be less likely to roll/cause a fall. 

That’s what I was told when it was introduced anyway...

Yeah, I've heard this as well.

However, regarding the issue of missiles, it's not to prevent the top from being used as a missile, but rather to prevent the bottle filled with liquid from being used as a missile.

The theory is that a bottle filled with liquid will travel much farther when the lid is on.

23 hours ago, sacré bleu said:

To be fair a pint would cost the club approximately£1 a pint.

im no expert on that but how a supermarket can charge 50p a can on offer for a crate of 20 twice a year so I wouldn't expect any pub or drinking establishment to get charged any more than that. if they are its pretty strange. 

18 hours ago, Greengrass said:

I would quite happily part with my pint for a 21 yr old super model and SWFC winning the Champions league lol

be time she is finished with you wouldn't be able to afford a pint never mind champions league season ticket prices ,bet chansiri dreams of the day he can have a 5k season ticket lol 

14 hours ago, pahowl said:

What makes you think a pint only costs 40p - the duty alone  a pint is significantly more than that on its own (around 50-60p per pint), 

Cost per pint is around £2 (ex vat)

https://www.eipublicanpartnerships.com/Documents/publican-price-list.pdf

yer I forgot that cans now aint pints as in past a lot were now there  440mls which is appx 20% less than a pint . but if Tesco can sell it for 50p a can twice a year and there not allowed to sell at a loss at very most it be costing club 55-60p a pint . but what rules there are between pubs and supermarket regards tax etc I aint a clue. 

39 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

im no expert on that but how a supermarket can charge 50p a can on offer for a crate of 20 twice a year so I wouldn't expect any pub or drinking establishment to get charged any more than that. if they are its pretty strange. 

Bulk buying I guess same as Witherspoon's. I had my own small pub  and I could buy small quantities of real ale at about £72 for a 9 gallon keg. I don't think the club will buy enough beer to get big discounts.