Drink price fizz up

6 hours ago, ToastFeatures said:

C987C060-99C3-44FF-A0CD-0045CF52050C.thumb.jpeg.225dc2fd3b98ea02598d20c417f2e250.jpeg

Its cheaper to get two half’s than a pint, poor lass behind counter didn’t have a clue why people were asking for two half’s and a empty pint cup haha.... lol

Simple price list error. We noticed it at first game of the season at the kiosk near gangway T, North Stand upper concourse (don't know if all the price lists have the same mistake). A simple question to the girl serving us clarified the matter.                                                                    Fair enough the mistake should have been rectified by now, but why not just ask if the price is right rather than trying to ridicule the club on here?:wacko:

Edited by oldtawnyowl
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

FFS any excuse to knock the club.

If you don't overpay by 80p a pint, don't expect good players. You can't have both.

Hahahaha . Do you remember when certain lobbers on here were actually coming out with stuff like that :duntmatter:

for or the record , why anyone would drink at the ground when there are several cheaper, better boozers nearby , I’ll never know 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, james o connor said:

for or the record , why anyone would drink at the ground when there are several cheaper, better boozers nearby , I’ll never know 

What I don't understand are the "kids" who pay £4-5 for a pint at away grounds and then just chuck it around the concourse 

20 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's almost as if different people might have different tastes and preferences, isn't it?

Who'd have thought, eh?

:duntmatter:

I'm a fully-signed up real ale man, but I don't expect everyone to share my tastes, and I certainly won't sneer at anyone for liking what they like.

Agreed!

But Fosters tho

lol

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, alanharper said:

What I don't understand are the "kids" who pay £4-5 for a pint at away grounds and then just chuck it around the concourse 

Or that . I remember at griffin park during our league one promotion season . Our second goal I was covered in beer . Winning the lottery , pulling a 21 year old super model and Wednesday winning the champions league wouldn’t  cause me to part with my pint ! 

21 hours ago, handworth52 said:

its unreal that someone at our club is so thick to price a pint at 4.80 and half at £2 a kid at nursery would know that makes no sense . well id never pay £4.80 in ground for something what costs the club appx 35p-40p a pint 

To be fair a pint would cost the club approximately£1 a pint.

Is the catering still 'in-house' or outside contract#?

One thing that does annoy me. The caterers are not allowed to serve drinks with loose tops.I suffer from arthritis and find it difficult to open screw tops on Coke bottles. If someone can break the seal i'm ok. The other week I purchased a pasty and a bottle of coke.When the assistant handed me the coke bottle, I  asked her if she would 'crack the top, please.' This way  I can carry it to my seat, but as she took the top off, she threw away the top. 'Put the top back on ,please dear.', I asked.  The young girl, who looked little older than my granddaughter,said, pleasantly, ' I'm sorry. We are not allowed to serve opened bottles', so I had to carry iy, walking with 2 sticks , into tha stand, and needless to say, spilled it. This rule, ridiculous as it is, is in fact universal, due no doubt to idiots who use the tops as missiles..

We may be better going back to the old days when the only refreshment served was a hot pie and a cup of tea/Bovril. 

The last night match I invited the good lady.

We ordered a pint of John Smiths and half a cider.

The guy had to go and ask someone else where the Cider was, he then got a bottle of flavoured cider out of the fridge and opened it.

I said we didn't want that, we wanted strongbow, he then pulled a pint of strongbow, I then said we didn't ask for a pint of strongbow, he said yes you wanted a pint - I said yes but not of cider, he said "oh is Strongbow Cider?"

:duntmatter:

Edited by Spookone
  • Haha 1

Get behind the drinks counters FFS and support them from the first minute.

It's no wonder they get things wrong all the time, when people stand in the queue moaning.

Can someone come up with a song for the drinks counter to show how much we back them ? Ultras ? Wednesdayite ? Where are you ?