Why no penalty????

3 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer said:

Why is it no penalty when their keeper cleans out Murphy in the air after the ball has gone. He gets nowhere near the ball and instead clatters Murphy.

i understand keepers are a protected species but I don’t think it should give them the right to flatten strikers at will.

interested to hear peoples thoughts?

UTO

I just questioned this in the highlights thread. Suspect it cos it was at the wrong end.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer said:

Why is it no penalty when their keeper cleans out Murphy in the air after the ball has gone. He gets nowhere near the ball and instead clatters Murphy.

i understand keepers are a protected species but I don’t think it should give them the right to flatten strikers at will.

UTO

He should have had another one the other week too when he got sandwiched.  Refs hate us

Never understood this rule.

If two outfield players genuinely go for the ball, and one is late and clatters the man who gets to the ball first, then it’s an automatic foul outside the penalty area - and in some cases a yellow or red card.

Perhaps a qualified referee on here could explain what law exists to justify the different approach by referees when it happens in the box, especially where the goalkeeper is the transgressor.

23 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Never a pen last week he fell into the Huddersfield players, not for me this week either.

He fell into the Huddersfield defenders because he was caught be the defender's trailing leg, certainly seen them given. 

3 hours ago, Sensible Soccer said:

UTO

It's an unwritten rule, if the player gets his shot away and gets caught after it you rarely get a pen whether the keeper or defender is the culprit.

16 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Spot on 

The Ref (or rather the idiot in the black impersonating a ref) was looking right at it as well if he isn’t pushed Fletch scores I think 

That's why I think VAR is a great thing, the sooner it's available in the championship the better.

We have always had more decisions against than for 

22 hours ago, Sensible Soccer said:

UTO

I never understand why keepers can clean out players in the box when shooting.

If you were that late into the tackle anywhere else it would be a foul and a yellow.

But then, it just seems accepted that if it’s the keeper trying to prevent a goal it’s somehow acceptable 

Edited by McRightSide